• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Loved the show all the way through and thought they nailed a solid finale.

You will be missed.

I9ur6b6.gif

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
funny dark ending. Am I supposed to read the ending as Monica jacked the pied piper code and gave it to the nsa and they're using it to spy on everyone or something. I'm probably reaching but yeah, I could see Richard telling her and her taking it.

big head was hilarious.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
funny dark ending. Am I supposed to read the ending as Monica jacked the pied piper code and gave it to the nsa and they're using it to spy on everyone or something. I'm probably reaching but yeah, I could see Richard telling her and her taking it.

big head was hilarious.
For what it's worth, the Judge and co have said they had no idea what happened to the drive in the writer's room. They just wanted this ominous ending that could lead to something more even if it doesn't.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting for them to fail to fail and the documentary would pan out to a radically transformed society (not necessarily apocalyptic/dystopian) after the death of encryption but this was more fitting. Overall a meh finale but there's not much they could do when show was a couple seasons past its expiry date. At least it didn't Dexter itself.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that was a great finale. Especially considering i agreed the show seemed to get stuck in the loop of 'bad shit happens/good shit happens'

This ending seemed like it was always gonna be the ending, which is good.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to miss this show. Great character dynamics all around. I agree that they lost something when they lost T.J. Miller, but I enjoyed seeing more Monica in the final 2 seasons. The only character I really didn't warm to was Laurie, but I think that's the point.

Laurie was always trying too hard to occupy that same Peter Gregory's weirdness role, and failed doing so. They wrote her better in season 5 at least.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I loved the show right through, thought it was hilarious, loved many of the characters. I know some criticize it for running out of ideas/being in a story loop but it never got there for me (which makes it ending now before then a good thing I guess!), was still always funny each week. Great note to end the series on.

Dinesh & Gilfoyle. <3

Amanda Crew. <3

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This show fell apart for me after TJ Millers character was axed. Still good but Erlich was the best.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
I think TJ left because he thought he had a career in films. Yeah he doesnt have a career much now anyways.

Overall I enjoyed this season and the series overall. Going to miss it a lot. Love that Dinesh and Gilfoyle end up together.

I do think they could have done more with Big Head. He was Richards best friend in season 1 and then his part just went downhill.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
I thought the last two episodes were pretty good in a show that was on borrowed time.

The series got dealt a bad hand, with the death of Christopher Evan Welch and the breakdown of TJ Miller. I think they did admirably with what they had, but it sucks we'll never get to see the Silicon Valley that was intended.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
I know tj Miller was problematic but his character really was a sort of binding agent and for me personally it didn't hold my interest for long after he left. Glad to hear the ending was decent at least, perhaps I'll revisit it some day.

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After watching the finale, this series felt like a waste of time. First seasons were great until they started doing the same things over and over again...and over again. In the end, they didn't accomplish anything great. It got even less funny when tj Miller left. It had great potential, so sad.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Finally got to see the finale. I thought it was actually one of the best episodes they'd ever done. To be honest and man this sounds corny but they really nailed the whole "good ol days" vibe at the end there. Really made me think about my life 10 years ago and now I'm a mess.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The biggest joke in the finale was that they
devalued AT&T so much that it probably went under.

AT&T owns HBO, which the show airs on.
Suck it, business daddy.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
The Jin Yang - Monica interactions were great. Wish we had more of her destroying his sexism with her smarts. Also agree that they underused Big Head, but having him as the President of Stanford was just stupid in a show that I appreciate for being somewhat smarter than most.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Reports are that it was sort-of mutual, but yeah his decision in the end. Miller was too busy working on Deadpool 2 and his standup comedy, so he had scheduling problems and kept appearing at work really tired with no energy, some people thought he was high on set. So the show runners offered him a reduced part in Season 5 to give him more time for his other interests, like he would only be in like half of the episodes, and he told them he'd rather just leave altogether.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest joke in the finale was that they
devalued AT&T so much that it probably went under.

AT&T owns HBO, which the show airs on.
Suck it, business daddy.
Apparently it was supposed to be Verizon but I guess one of the actors shills for Verizon on TV commercials so they switched it at the last moment.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the ending. It was high stakes enough for a series finale and I liked the premise of seeing everyone 10 years later.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally saving privacy isn't great?
saying they saved privacy is like saying you saved your neighbors dog because you didn't accidentally run over it cuz you managed to swerve around it while peeling out of your driveway in a land rover
Apparently it was supposed to be Verizon but I guess one of the actors shills for Verizon on TV commercials so they switched it at the last moment.
what a cutting satire!! really makes those John Oliver gags stick home!!!!

rezuth

Nov 5, 2017
I would have liked it if they failed at failing. Turning the world into a dystopian future as a warning call for what lays ahead in real life. This was just ... I don't know really... lackluster? I really liked the mockumentary idea but the actual episode story was pretty shit.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would've preferred if it ended with them accidentally releasing the code, becoming rich af, but ending up in a fucked up world. It would've meshed better with their somber recaps.

All in all though, great sjpw-

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
The whole ending encryption thing doesn't make sense as someone who just took his security+. You cant crack AES encryuption. It just isn't possible. No matter how powerful or how many computers are used to do it or even if its an AI its just not possible.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
I appreciated the fact that Dinesh seemed to be the only one with actual character growth in the end (at least, right after the Pied Piper failure)
- Gilfoyle is still an alcoholic
- Bitchard is still awkward in everything he does
- Big Head is still... Big Head
- Monica seemed under developed to me, I don't know what growth would look like for her.
- Dinesh was being typical Dinesh, but when the whole plan was on the line, he did "the right thing" at a massive cost to himself

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great end to a great show. The big head bits at the very end had me laughing so hard.

Pound met double-o, and title icks.

Oh hey, I work at Stanford. I'm the president.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Great end to a great show. The big head bits at the very end had me laughing so hard.

Pound met double-o, and title icks.

Oh hey, I work at Stanford. I'm the president.

Yup. Reading this page I don't know what some expect from their use of Big Head. He's a one-joke character — given, it's a really good joke. I thought his part was great. He continues his usual schtick and the bit about his nickname had me rolling.

Great finale overall and a good season of a rock solid series. I'll miss these characters and that's a mark of a successful show.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
The ending was good, but I'm glad it ended this season. It's been losing steam since season 2.

I'm ready for Mike Judge to move on to something new.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
I just blew through the last season today. The show really lost some momentum with the extended break, but I liked the way it ended and enjoyed the season.

The plot of this show has always been super silly. The reason I loved it was that it was almost always funny to me, and this season was no different. The strength of this show has always been in the zany side characters, and I'm glad they brought back most of my favs. Lori, Jian-Yang, Russ, the bro lawyer, bighead, Gavin all got laughs from me at various points.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
You know, it was good enough. It was really bad, and thank goodness it's over, but I laughed a decent amount.

It was a show near and dear to my heart because I have that tech scene background from outside of silicon valley (i.e., I was always cynical about the promises).

The first two seasons were way too real, but they're the best in hindsight.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
"The bear is sticky with honey" sequence
and the optimal jerkoff method scene which led to middle-out was probably the two greatest highlights of the Entire series.