• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
i read this article and rushed to my podcast feed, and im disappointed i have to wait for tonight to hear double toasted talk about this movie

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lol

Everyone that worked on this movie has incredibly horrible taste.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna read the spoiler since I want to go in blind and enjoy the ridiculous but I knew from the first trailer something wacky was up. It didn't play straight at all. I always figured he was in purgatory or there was some weird supernatural angle.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
I feel like this would be a better movie if
they divulged the twist like 20 minutes in, a la Cabin In The Woods
. But that is batshit crazy. Like some screenwriter asked himself
'what are the kids are into these days and how do I turn that into a John Grisham thriller?'

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
NAHHQOF.jpg

Stephen Home

Alt account
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
I kind of want to watch the movie now. Also the kid
fantasized his father avatar and mother avatar fuck.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Now that's good. I want to see how an audience would react to something like that. Probably bee lines to the box office for refunds.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I need to take other people to this and record their faces as it trolls the audience and self destructs in real time. Could this be

GOTY material?

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I mean

Reading Richard Roeper's review, there's some vague hints that you're indeed in a video game especially the fact it's a small island, there's only a few NPCs and they all know about your character. Video games as fuck.

trikster40

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, had to read the spoilers, and now I'm actually intrigued to go watch the movie. I'm trying to imagine the pitch at the studio for this one lol

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Also, since there's already several open spoilers, I find it funny that it's apparently specifically a fishing game the kid modded because the only focused fishing game I know of that had free-roam across and island, hotels interacting with NPC's, storefronts was the very good Fishing Resort for Wii.

Fishing-Resort-Combo_WII.jpg

Now all I can think of is this is the game he modded. I can picture McConaughey's narration over the game trailer.