• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
A Michigan lawyer for Donald Trump's campaign filed a case in the wrong court. Lawsuits in Arizona and Nevada were dropped. A Georgia challenge was quickly rejected for lack of evidence. His Pennsylvania legal team just threw in the towel.

The president's legal machine — the one papering swing states with lawsuits and affidavits in support of Trump's unsubstantiated claims of widespread fraud — is slowly grinding to a halt after suffering a slew of legal defeats and setbacks.

Gross said the lawsuits are so groundless that the lawyers are more likely to be sanctioned for pursuing them than to succeed in court.

"The strategy is to pull a Jedi mind trick on legislators in these states to appoint their own pro-Trump electors,"

"It's one thing for Rudy Giuliani to go out into the parking lot, sandwiched between a sex shop and a crematorium, and make the claims he made," Bauer said. "It's another thing to be a lawyer in a courtroom and have your claims tested."

Despite the numerous setbacks in battleground states, Trump campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh insisted the campaign had a "methodical" approach that will result in victory.

www.politico.com

‘Purely outlandish stuff’: Trump’s legal machine grinds to a halt

So many lawsuits have been filed in so many state and federal courts that no one has an exact number. The campaign has lost nearly all of the cases that have been decided so far.

Fathead

Oct 31, 2017
This is all a grift to get his cult to keep donating. Donations aren't going to these "lawsuits", they are going to line his pockets.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
It helps to actually

a.) have good lawyers (no good lawyers want to work with this douche)
b.) have a good case (they have no grounds to win these cases let alone waste time and money)

I just don't want him wasting any more taxpayer monies on this assuming they are in part funding this horseshit.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
They say "nearly" but I didn't see any mention of a case they've won. Have they won any of these nonsense cases yet?

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The real drive behind this for those not named Trump is helping to invalidate future claims by Democrats of election fraud. They are basically poisoning the well for when it actually happens. It will be harder for the general public to take any accusations of this sort seriously in the future. It will just be "oh Lord here were go again with the accusations from sore losers".

OP
OP
SilentPanda

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
They say "nearly" but I didn't see any mention of a case they've won. Have they won any of these nonsense cases yet?

The sole Trump campaign victory came Thursday night: a Pennsylvania ruling that the secretary of state overstepped her authority by giving citizens extra days to fix signature mismatches on their mail in ballots. The ruling concerns a relatively small number of voters that are not even included in the election results for the state, where Biden leads by 62,000 votes with more than 98 percent of estimated votes reported.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine going through the hardship of becoming a lawyer and then running your career into the rocks like this.

Imagine that life.

Oct 28, 2017
"It's one thing for Rudy Giuliani to go out into the parking lot, sandwiched between a sex shop and a crematorium, and make the claims he made," Bauer said. "It's another thing to be a lawyer in a courtroom and have your claims tested."

This will never get old.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
These court cases are making a serious case for Trump having the worst legal team in history

kaiush

Jan 22, 2018
I think his strategy is to drag this out until we all just kinda forget about the election. Just like we forget about all the other outlandish shit he's gotten away with.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
the worst part about all of this is that this administration has spent more time/money/let alone effort on this over the past ~2 weeks than COVID in the last ~8 months

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

julian

Oct 27, 2017
The real drive behind this for those not named Trump is helping to invalidate future claims by Democrats of election fraud. They are basically poisoning the well for when it actually happens. It will be harder for the general public to take any accusations of this sort seriously in the future. It will just be "oh Lord here were go again with the accusations from sore losers".
I find that hard to believe for two reasons.

1) it suggests he has a long play here and if he were able to think strategically long term he wouldn't have needed these bullshit cases in the first place.

2) he actually cares about undermining a future election he would have no way of rigging or running in.
Trump's SUPER BRAIN is on the case!

He's written a lot of dumb shit this past week, but I think this one might take the prize for the dumbest.

Space Acorn

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada

I love how this continues to be a thing.

Doesn't he have a history of dragging real estate stuff out through long legal battles? Guess he's not used to this speed lol

Good point, he probably thought he could drag things out for months, if not past the inauguration date.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually a bit surprised at how far they're pushing this. Most of the bullshit Trump is pushing relies on his dumb cult of uneducated citizens making it come true with sheer force of numbers. Literally idiots making reality dumber because they can. The whole lawsuit thing is so reliant on educated and professional people that the usual tactics won't apply. You'd think his crew, evil as they are, would know this.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
There are no words to describe how much Trump disgusts me. Every time I read about his court cases, I see any of his tweets I just want to scream. He's losing everything, but you can be certain that his dumb supporters believe him anyway and will forever repeat this fraud nonsense. He's poison for democracy itself.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
It seems likely that Trump has given up based on Today's press conference. He's trying desperately to push out the COVID vaccine before the end of his term so he can be seen as the president who solved it, despite the fact that he didn't solve anything and probably caused it in the first place.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It seems likely that Trump has given up based on Today's press conference. He's trying desperately to push out the COVID vaccine before the end of his term so he can be seen as the president who solved it, despite the fact that he didn't solve anything and probably caused it in the first place.

He said during the conference that we'll see it distributed in April. It'll be the Biden Vaccine then while he screams on Twitter all that month how he should be given the credit.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'm aware this is mostly (if not all) a grift but this has to be the most pathetic chapter in modern politics

even in purview of the last four years i'm without words

May 21, 2019
Trump really is a blue collar hero, hiding behind an army of low rent lawyers is really blue collar. A working mans working man.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
There are no words to describe how much Trump disgusts me. Every time I read about his court cases, I see any of his tweets I just want to scream. He's losing everything, but you can be certain that his dumb supporters believe him anyway and will forever repeat this fraud nonsense. He's poison for democracy itself.

2 out of 3 trumpers in my neighborhood, took down their signs.

lol,

soooo goood.

OP
OP
SilentPanda

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Judges rule against Trump campaign in 6 Pennsylvania cases over absentee ballots

Two judges in Pennsylvania on Friday tossed a half dozen court cases the Trump campaign had brought to invalidate thousands of votes around Philadelphia, where voters carried President-elect Joe Biden to a clear win in the battleground state.
In total, the Trump campaign had sought to throw out almost 9,000 absentee ballots because their outer envelopes lack names, dates or addresses or some combination of the three that voters could have filled out.
Haaz found that state law didn't require voters to fill out the address sections on the envelopes, and the instructions on the ballots didn't tell voters they must fill them out.
"Voters should not be disenfranchised by reasonably relying upon voting instructions provided by election officials," Haaz wrote.
Though the ballots numbered in the thousands, they would not be enough for Trump to overcome Biden's win in Pennsylvania, even if all were Trump votes.

www.cnn.com

Judges rule against Trump campaign in 6 Pennsylvania cases over absentee ballots

Two judges in Pennsylvania on Friday tossed a half dozen court cases the Trump campaign had brought to invalidate thousands of votes around Philadelphia, where voters carried President-elect Joe Biden to a clear win in the battleground state.