• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dixon

Banned
Sep 10, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Troll account.
Fuck off with this illegal aliens bullshit.

This is probably the reason you're using the term but in case of unbelievable ignorance "illegal aliens" is purposefully dehumanising.
In US Law an alien' means any person not a citizen or national of the United States.

So why the fuck are you crying. And please tell me you arent the type of people that think we should have open borders. Please dont be so naive

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
PSA ILLEGALLY CROSSING THE BORDER IS A MISDEMEANOR.

People who are cheering this, absolutely disgusting. Children are dying in cages for a misdemeanor. All they can say is, "shouldn't have broke the law." "Obummer did it too." "hurp derp clown meme. orangemanbad"
Not only that, but seeking refuge is perfectly legal.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Im Confused, arent the people they grab illegal-immigrants?

Thats the law. There are borders for a reason.
5d15c2b0d9ef71a6820367d50d788e8d.png

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Wonder if they will post in the "things you are selfish about but don't give af about" thread.

Last edited:

Dixon

Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Racist coward that is
Post on your main you fucking coward.
Fuck off, racist scum.

I literally created an account last week. How am i coward? Borders are a necessity. Literally every country thinks so ffs. Open borders would bring a huge strain on the country and cause conflict and more untold problems. Being ultra emotional doesnt make you right

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
I literally created an account last week. How am i coward? Borders are a necessity. Literally every country thinks so ffs. Open borders would bring a huge strain on the country and cause conflict and more untold problems. Being ultra emotional doesnt make you right
you're straw manning but go off

Sayre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly a little glad to hear that many of them wants to leave and feel a little bad (just a little) for the ones that were there for 20+ years before the Trump Administration. If anything it tells me that at least some of them have a conscience. But the truth is, we are still running concentration camps.. and the border patrols are the enforcers of those camps. It's hard to really feel sorry for them. F the ones that are still there committing atrocities.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who actually is open borders because I know that we are too powerful as a country for border erosion to happen to us specifically(and also because A World With No Boundaries Did Nothing Wrong), removing the fear immigrants -- whether they crossed improperly or not -- feel when they try to support themselves and their families is a good thing, as they'll be able to work openly, pay taxes openly if they do not already, as they already pay more in taxes than the drain they would be on our finances -- but it would also go a great way about diluting racists, the more they interact with people who aren't white, the less racists there will be.

Even if they cannot vote until they become full citizens.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
Dixon is an obvious troll, and as such, has been banned. But I want to refute one of their points, in case it did sow any confusion:

Im Confused, arent the people they grab illegal-immigrants?

Thats the law. There are borders for a reason.

Many of the people in BPS custody are legal asylum seekers by any definition of the term, but they are being criminalized by the current admin in defiance of international laws and norms.

In some cases, legal residents and even citizens have also been caught up in the wide, injudicious net of the current DHS apparatus as well.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Fuck them. They know what they're doing at this point. It's not like this just started, if they had quit when the trump administration bs started then they can say they weren't responsible for the shit going on.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hopeful that all of these ICE and BP guys will be up in front of Nuremberg-style trials for crimes against humanity in a few years time.
IIRC US has actively barred UN investigators before and the US is the country that would allow UN to act with force in other countries so that any outside force is going to put the country on trial any time soon

And obviously the US won't judge itself

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Border patrol deserves all the hate. Locking kids up and treating them like shit. I feel a little sorry for those looking for another job while employed as a Border Patrol agent. They're running concentration camps. Fuck them.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you going to come back and respond to the article sunnpeace posted?
What exactly do you want me to respond to exactly? Sexual assault and harassment is obviously also bad and inexcusable, but it's also a completely different subject from the OP and not at all exclusive to Agents who work at this one government agency. I have no desire to be baited into that discussion rather than this one.

At the end of the day I have no doubt that bad shit goes on in any and every law enforcement agency because they do attract a certain type of person. But anecdotal accounts about those individuals are never going to be indicative or representative of every individual (or even most of them) who happens to work for that outfit.

These agencies (except ICE), are ultimately important and vital to have exist. We can't just blanket say they're evil and shouldn't. That's a naively black and white way to look at anything.

I won't argue we need better screening and hiring processes across the board with LEOs, we absolutely do. But I don't have an easy solution for keeping power hungry people out of positions that provide this kind of power.

Last edited:

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
What exactly do you want me to respond to exactly? Sexual assault and harassment is obviously also bad and inexcusable, but it's also a completely different subject from the OP and not at all exclusive to Agents who work at this one government agency. I have no desire to be baited into that discussion rather than this one.

People hate them because of the things they have done. Things that the article posted shows. These things are more than linked, there is a direct line from one to the other.

The rest of your post is #notallBP so I'll just say that that's a meaningless argument for anyone without the privilege to ignore what this department is doing.

In this thread we're happy that they're sad because people don't like them. That may be the only way they will stop raping, kidnapping and killing people who are legally seeking refugee status or at worse committing a misdemeanor.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People hate them because of the things they have done. Things that the article posted shows. These things are more than linked, there is a direct line from one to the other.

The rest of your post is #notallBP so I'll just say that that's a meaningless argument for anyone without the privilege to ignore what this department is doing.

In this thread we're happy that they're sad because people don't like them. That may be the only way they will stop raping, kidnapping and killing people who are legally seeking refugee status or at worse committing a misdemeanor.

Don't @ me with stupid hastags. That's just a shortcut to reducing discussion so you don't have to actually address valid points.

I think this is a very localized problem to the Mexico border. This same agency handles the entire rest of the country as well, including the Canadian Border and airports around the nation. Not to say that some of those agents also wouldn't partake in the atrocities, but they don't have the opportunity to in any way whatsoever. And ultimately the entire CBP agency has nothing to do with what's going on there and are likely mostly good people.

The situation at the Mexican border is created by the current administration. Power hungry agents who abuse their station compound the problem, but I still think it's crazy to lump all of the Agents working that section of the border into being straight evil.

On all borders, including the Mexican one, they still are performing an essential job of stopping smugglers (of all manner). But what I'm really sick of are Nazi comparisons when, I'm sorry, they're not comparable at all. Especially the "just following orders" bs argument. What is happening to these kids is awful, but is not actually comparable to a concentration camp, not to mention the actual death camps. Citizens are not being rounded up and put in these camps just for the color of their skin, or the beliefs they have. That's a concentration camp. And you know what other country did it in WW2 also? America with the Japanese. And we still don't call ourselves from back then Nazis either.

Calling someone a Nazi is such an extreme term that literally is comparable to pure genocidal evil. Evil is happening here, but not that level of evil. And when people try to say it is, it waters down the entire term and helps to normalize what Nazi even means. I hate that.

Again, I want to be clear, I don't find what is going on at the Mexican border acceptable in any sense. But this is entirely the action of our current administration. The CBP following these orders is not at all comparable to when the Nazis carried out the orders to wipe out all non-Aryans from their own country.

I've said what I have to say on this topic. You don't have to agree with it, but what's the point of continuing to discuss it if it's just going to be hostility?

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
As someone who use to work for the TSA I can say that a lot of TSOs apply for CBP because there's really not much upward progress in the TSA and CBP gets paid on the GS-scale so even a noob CBP is making more than the arvg TSO by a difference of 20K+.

I'd assume the same goes for most people who applied to and work at CBP.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I only feel sympathy for the agents who actually quit in protest. Fuck the rest of them.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Lol didn't the Border Patrol back Trump heavily during the election? The same presidential candidate that started his campaign with a racial tirade against Mexican immigrants.

Get fucked you cunts

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Don't @ me with stupid hastags. That's just a shortcut to reducing discussion so you don't have to actually address valid points.

The point, which you reiterated once again in this post was "they aren't all bad." Which is an opinion that I don't share with you for reasons I've stated already. It's boring and pointless.

You can disagree with calling these concentration camps, but guess what? People who have been in concentration camps are agreeing that that's what they are. So your opinion on the matter is merely that.

Nazis didn't start off by killing people, they were still Nazis when they were rounding people up.

And yeah, I'm mad about this situation, because I actually have skin in the game. Someone walking into this thread and saying that we're in any way comparable to the inhumane monsters when we say naughty things, ignoring that they both say and do evil things is very frustrating. Yeah, I'm done arguing this with you because we're never going to agree that there are good people on both sides.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
But what I'm really sick of are Nazi comparisons when, I'm sorry, they're not comparable at all. Especially the "just following orders" bs argument. What is happening to these kids is awful, but is not actually comparable to a concentration camp, not to mention the actual death camps. Citizens are not being rounded up and put in these camps just for the color of their skin, or the beliefs they have. That's a concentration camp. And you know what other country did it in WW2 also? America with the Japanese. And we still don't call ourselves from back then Nazis either.

Calling someone a Nazi is such an extreme term that literally is comparable to pure genocidal evil. Evil is happening here, but not that level of evil. And when people try to say it is, it waters down the entire term and helps to normalize what Nazi even means. I hate that.

As a Jewish person I'm pretty okay with calling the Trump administration and its stooges Nazis. I refuse to wait until immigrants and minorities are literally being burnt in ovens to call it what it is. Fascists get no reprieve.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a Jewish person I'm pretty okay with calling the Trump administration and its stooges Nazis. I refuse to wait until immigrants and minorities are literally being burnt in ovens to call it what it is. Fascists get no reprieve.
I'm also a Jewish person who both had relatives killed in the camps as well as some who escaped, including my own grandfather. If he didn't I literally would not be alive today. I know on a very personal level what the Nazis were.

There are troubling signs in this country that something similar to Nazis could be on the rise due to Trump's rhetoric inciting a new generation of hate.

What is happening at the border is tangentially related, but is not the same thing at all. If we get to the point where our government is calling for our own citizens to be rounded up I'll agree that is comparable to Nazis. What is happening at the Mexican border, while also awful, is still a far cry from it.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also a Jewish person who both had relatives killed in the camps as well as some who escaped, including my own grandfather. If he didn't I literally would not be alive today. I know on a very personal level what the Nazis were.

There are troubling signs in this country that something similar to Nazis could be on the rise due to Trump's rhetoric inciting a new generation of hate.

What is happening at the border is tangentially related, but is not the same thing at all. If we get to the point where our government is calling for our own citizens to be rounded up I'll agree that is comparable to Nazis. What is happening at the Mexican border, while also awful, is still a far cry from it.
While i see your point, haven't people who *are* US citizens been snatched up in the street for being brown by ICE (which I know is not the border patrol) to be stuffed into camps as well?

If we're not there, we're getting there

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017

They changed the family separation policy from "unaccompanied minors and suspected human trafficking victims get housed" to "separate all families always with the hope of using trauma as a weapon to scare away foreigners."

The core policy of the organization became to use the power of the state to inflict suffering on an industrial scale to make America whiter. That's as ethno-fascist as it gets.

ICE didnt exist before like 2002.all its actual valuable functions were elsewhere before the DHS existed. Its purpose is pretty much inherently xenophobic, crafted during the 9-11 response.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is a very localized problem to the Mexico border. This same agency handles the entire rest of the country as well, including the Canadian Border and airports around the nation. Not to say that some of those agents also wouldn't partake in the atrocities, but they don't have the opportunity to in any way whatsoever.

..Uh, I don't know if you know this, but Canada is like 20% first generation immigrants. There are a lot of south and east asian people in Canada. Lot of brown folk.

Anyhow. I tend to feel that people are often too afraid of terms like racist, white supremacist, and nazi despite how people like to complain otherwise. Let's not pretend that Nazis are some alien force to the US. Their thinking was heavily influenced by Americans like Theodore Lothrop Stoddard, they got idea of how to enact their racism on a systematic scale from the KKK, they celebrated figures like Henry Ford. German-Americans are also the largest ethnic group in America - currently the largest self-reported group next to "American" - which probably made them attracted to recruitment efforts like the German American Bund.

A lot of American white supremacy is essentially indistinguishable from Nazi thinking because they share history.

Last edited:

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
They changed the family separation policy from "unaccompanied minors and suspected human trafficking victims get housed" to "separate all families always with the hope of using trauma as a weapon to scare away foreigners."

The core policy of the organization became to use the power of the state to inflict suffering on an industrial scale to make America whiter. That's as ethno-fascist as it gets.

ICE didnt exist before like 2002.all its actual valuable functions were elsewhere before the DHS existed. Its purpose is pretty much inherently xenophobic, crafted during the 9-11 response.

These are the people being defended:

I hate the idea that we have to wait until they unleash the worse of the atrocities before we can call them what they are and fight against what they do.

We have Nazis in this country.

The-Wider-Image-El-Paso-attack-upends-white-nationalist-normalization-plan.JPG

Deleted member 37303

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Just dudes doing their jobs. They don't make policy. Can't say I feel sorry for them but I don't actively hate them. I'm sure most are just decent people trying to make a living.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just dudes doing their jobs. They don't make policy. Can't say I feel sorry for them but I don't actively hate them. I'm sure most are just decent people trying to make a living.
They chose to take the job. They chose not to quit. "Just doing my job" is never an excuse.

They deserve all the hatred that they get.