• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Brandon Fellows had never attended a Trump rally before last week. He said he was motivated to drive to Washington after seeing a tweet from the president. "Big protest in D.C. on January 6th," President Donald Trump wrote on Dec. 19. "Be there, will be wild!"

Fellows didn't know about a planned march that would eventually overtake the U.S. Capitol. He said he had simply come to see Trump give a speech.

But within hours of watching Trump's speech, Fellows had his feet propped up on a table in the office of a U.S. Senator, smoking a joint. He roamed the halls of the Capitol, heckled police officers and posted videos along the way on Snapchat.
"I have no regrets," said Fellows, a 26-year-old former grocery store worker from upstate New York who now makes money cutting trees and repairing chimneys. "I didn't hurt anyone, I didn't break anything. I did trespass though, I guess."

Indeed, in the days since the upheaval, Fellows said his profile on the dating app Bumble is "blowing up" after he posted pictures of himself at the Capitol.
Fellows, who lives in a converted school bus, said he stopped working last spring because of fears of Covid-19. But he said he became disillusioned when New York state denied him unemployment benefits. "For awhile, in early March and April, I was super poor," he said.

Fellows said he gets much of his news from conservative commentators on YouTube, including Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder. He said he has also started watching Newsmax and One America News, which have both promoted false claims of a rigged election.

He said his political views have created friction with his family, so much so that on Christmas Day only his grandparents invited him to dinner. They asked him to eat on his bus because he didn't take Covid-19 seriously enough, he said.
His stepfather of 14 years, Timothy Monroe, said he wasn't surprised when he learned that Fellows was inside the Capitol. "He knows what he believes," Monroe said. "You can't really change it with any kind of reality."

Fellows said he came to D.C. in part because he believes that the election was rigged. But his primary motivation was his anger at government measures to prevent Covid-19, such as lockdowns of restaurants and gyms.
"This is the last stand," Fellows said, in an interview with a Bloomberg News reporter prior to Trump's speech. "I feel like I've seen a lot of the election fraud evidence, and I don't understand why nothing is being done." Trump's claims of election fraud in the Nov. 3 election have been rejected by state and federal courts, as well as some members of his own party.

Following the conclusion of Trump's speech, Fellows joined in on the march on Pennsylvania Avenue, headed toward the Capitol. "I was like 'Oh cool, there's gonna be a march,'" he said. "I've never been in a march."

By the time he arrived, he said the barriers protecting the perimeter had already been overrun. As he was scaling a wall to reach the Senate side of the Capitol, he said he was thinking, "I'm not missing this, this is history." Fellows helped others climb over the wall, videos show.
Fellows's interactions with police officers inside the Capitol led him to believe there wouldn't be consequences for going inside. "Did I think I was going to get in trouble?" Fellows said. "Uh, no."

After leaving the Capitol, Fellows posed for pictures next to a line of police officers in riot gear and on an abandoned police motorcycle.

He said he is planning to return to Washington for more protests surrounding President-Elect Joe Biden's inauguration on Jan. 20, and he predicted there would be more violence. The FBI issued a warning that there are plans for armed protests in D.C. and at all 50 state capitals in the days leading up to the inauguration.
www.bloomberg.com

‘No Regrets’: A Capitol Rioter Tells His Story From Inside

Brandon Fellows had never attended a Trump rally before last week. He said he was motivated to drive to Washington after seeing a tweet from the president. “Big protest in D.C. on January 6th,” President Donald Trump wrote on Dec. 19. “Be there, will be wild!”

Oct 30, 2017
image of the rioter

31301529_2054120471269718_8453197642342596608_n.png

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
If he doesn't get arrested the level of white privilege in this country is ridiculous. I know if my black behind went on a national news saying I broke into a no-trespassing area of the government oh, there would be police or FBI at my house in the next 10 to 15 minutes.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a "Rebel" larper. And I mean that in the 50s thinks the Confederacy was cool kinda way. Dude fucking lives in a school bus and he's gonna end up in jail for a person that would go for a second hit if his car smooshed him.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
If he doesn't get arrested the level of white privilege in this country is ridiculous. I know if my black behind went on a national news saying I broke into a no-trespassing area of the government oh, there would be police or FBI at my house in the next 10 to 15 minutes.
* converted school bus

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Media outlets love telling the stories of "inside the mind of a trump supporter" when it's always just the same two things:

1. Misplaced anger about the economy
2. Racism

Also he admitted to scaling the walls and helping others do so, isn't this trespassing bare minimum? And he admitted to this in the article?

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Is this real?! This seems like something out of The Onion. I have a genuine perplexed look on my face because this cannot be real.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
"I have no regrets," said Fellows, a 26-year-old former grocery store worker from upstate New York who now makes money cutting trees and repairing chimneys. "I didn't hurt anyone, I didn't break anything. I did trespass though, I guess."

Fuck this piece of shit.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect example of someone who became disenfranchised with the system and began looking for answers in all the wrong places. Economic disparity between rich and poor is a small part why this keeps happening in America. It won't solve this problem by any stretch of the imagination, but fixing inequality will go a long way.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
This isn't a criticism of OP or a thread-whine, but I do genuinely believe that this kind of reporting doesn't serve the public interest.

It paints a terrorist as someone to be understood and allows him to explain his reasoning, when his actions should be disqualifying.

I totally get the appeal behind running a story like this, but I fear it just helps to signal-boost terrorist ideology at worst and normalise such extremism at best.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Turning conservative after being denied unemployment benefits is like the entire issue with this country.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Why do these papers keep reporting on the side of these chuds and not the people they are victimizing?

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
His story is sad and is what radicalizes young poor white people. The state failed him.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Perfect example of someone who became disenfranchised with the system and began looking for answers in all the wrong places. Economic disparity between rich and poor is a small part why this keeps happening in America. It won't solve this problem by any stretch of the imagination, but fixing inequality will go a long way.
This dude would be an arch-conservative if he wasn't poor. Reading, it seems like the main reason he doesn't have a place to turn to is the fact that his family disowned him because he's a shithead.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
He left his grocery store job because he feared covid 19 but then got upset at the government for taking measures to prevent the spread of covid? What?

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Trump's minions don't seem super sound of mind...

Toss it on the pile for an example of someone privileged enough to think they could do all this without fear of repercussion, and for the mind poison that is being fed to millions of Americans via YouTube, social media, and propaganda 'news' shows.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
He left his grocery store job because he feared covid 19 but then got upset at the government for taking measures to prevent the spread of covid? What?

Sounds like he got upset he was denied unemployment for leaving his job voluntarily rather than being laid off.

Naturally he decided to support the party that cares so little for him that it tried to use him as a warm body for a violent coup.

Last edited:

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 Weeks): Making Light of Sexual Assault and Prison Rape
But his Dating profile blew up ? So he has sex for the rest of his life or what ? Well not in prison I guess (at least not the sex he probably prefers *giggle*)

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
That will never happen, the gap will only get wider

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fellows, who lives in a converted school bus, said he stopped working last spring because of fears of Covid-19. But he said he became disillusioned when New York state denied him unemployment benefits. "For awhile, in early March and April, I was super poor," he said.

well Trump will surely help with that

surely

Last edited:

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Oh-ho-ho, what a cad. He just did a small terrorism and insurrection because he is not clever. Delightful!

(Weaponized and celebrated stupidity is Trump's #1 force multiplier. Do not let it fly. As a society we need to start holding idiots accountable again so that people of average intelligence stop lionizing morons and make an effort to behave like they're at least half as smart as they are. This entire presidency has been one long proof of that.)

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
The real smoking gun is: Interactions with the police led him to believe he wasn't doing anything wrong.