• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Ya hate to see it.

giphy.webp

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shred of light in these trying times! One less voice talking a little too loudly in class for the rest of us to bare.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Next time someone tries to pink wash saying the aparteid state is okay because gays have a home in the middle east, remember shit like this.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
People such as Yaakov Litzman may want to watch what they say, as their words might come back to haunt them as it just did to him.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
images

Let's see how strong is the punishment.

(Hope he recovers without trouble, but man those people need a lesson)

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Oh dear what a shame never mind.

Where are all the civilposters tut tutting our lack of empathy for this guy, i wonder.

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
if i believed in karma, this would be it
Honestly, it's not karma at all. It's literally the most natural and obvious development as a direct extension of being anti-science (which is the root of both his horrible views and his refusal to do social distancing).

Which I think is actually the same thing with how a lot of these right wing political figures are getting sick worldwide

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I know all the people yikes-ing about Boris Johnson are gonna do the same here right, I mean this is a human being after all

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I'm very disappointed in the he's secretly gay posts. It's a very harmful stereotype that does a lot of damage and does nothing good. You can bash him for being a horrible human being but this "joke" isn't funny and it's harmful.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very disappointed in the he's secretly gay posts. It's a very harmful stereotype that does a lot of damage and does nothing good. You can bash him for being a horrible human being but this "joke" isn't funny and it's harmful.

In a different situation I'd say "OK". But considering the story was (originally) about a person saying "Coronavirus is the divine punishment for homosexuality" getting the virus himself, I'd say it's the one time where it fits. But then again, I'm not in the marginalized group, so I guess that's just me straightsplaining (is that a word?).

Of course, it turned out it wasn't him who said that, put people still making the joke is more of them not reading the thread further.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019

I would just report those posts and move on. I agree with you, the idea that only secretly gay people are homophobic is ridiculous and that stereotype propagates it.

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
This actually seems to be fake:

There have been reports of extreme and homophobic statements from some hardline religious leaders of different faiths concerning coronavirus.

Rabbi Litzman, however, is not among them. What's more, had Israel's health minister made such a statement, it would have caused an uproar within Israel, an overwhelmingly liberal and gay-friendly society. A story of this nature would certainly have made headlines in the Israeli press, including the many professional English-language news sites that are easily accessed by journalists the world over.

So where did this story come from? A Pakistan-based website and a progressive secular humanist site that got it from… the Pakistani site.

honestreporting.com

HR Prompts Correction to False Charge Against Israeli Health Minister

Pink News ran a story making a very serious charge against Israel's Health Minister, Rabbi Yaakov Litzman: There have been reports of extreme and homophobic statements from some hardline religious leaders of different faiths concerning coronavirus. Rabbi Litzman, however, is not among them...

It doesn't really prove that he didn't say it, but there doesn't also seem to be any actual proof he did say it. Also the link in the OP seems to be non-functional, so I guess the article might be completely retracted?

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
Litzman didn't say it. Covid-19 is hitting especially hard in haredi communities in Jerusalem and Bnei Brak, so I don't think we had any claims of the virus being linked to homosexuality? (Though it's very much on brand considering any natural disasters is blamed on queer people or people driving on Shabbat etc.)

Not that I have any intention of defending him, he resisted closing down synagogues or cancelling mass religious events in his community. And once these things were closed - he ignored them (the rules coming from his own office!) And went to a wedding and took part in prayers.

Last edited:

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Edited in the original source which corrected that inaccurate point. Also updated the quote and the title.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Fuck that guy but it's weird that there seems to be quite a few threads celebrating certain people getting infected.

Why are we doing this? A lot of discussion on here has been repulsive lately.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
I kind of hate it when people write about Israel with no actual knowledge: he's faar from the most homophobic minister in Israel. Aguda/UTJ are very homophobic, but they're not as active about it as the national religious guys, they're just ultra-orthodox. Bezalel Shmotritz, the transportation minister from the National Union, organised an anti-LGBTQ parade and he actively talks about anti-LGBTQ sentiment.

But still, fuck Litzman for a lot of other things - Mainly that he was complete failure as health minister, protected a child-molester from trial, and ignored the restrictions set up by his own ministry in secret and then caught Corona. I hope he pulls through if only because his death would be more problematic than him surviving.