• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Garbage TV show. Can't believe anyone wants to save this. It's plagued with early 2000s writing problems, and I don't even know how they could fix the plot.

They should have let it rot.

Enough with religious crap like this.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Good. It should be against the law for Networks to just cancel a show that already has multiple seasons out of the blue without giving the creators at least 1-2 seasons for closure. Its just a dick move to the fanbase you collect otherwise.

That said, I am absolutely surprised this show got resurrected out of all the other shows out there that deserve it.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend started watching this and every time I catch a glimpse of an episode it makes absolutely 0 fucking sense.

I asked her what was up with all the weird religious shit on it and she straight looked at me and goes "what religious stuff" and then there was an entire arc about Noah's Ark or some shit.
Yeah the premise was very interesting. I actually enjoyed the first few episodes where it was people dealing with the consequences of just up and disappearing for 5 years and coming back like nothing happened. Then it just got stupid and went in directions that complete took away of what made it interesting in the first place.

the premise of the show is that they've received a calling from god — a conclusion they reached at church. The entire show is based on the Bible verse Romans 8:28 (flight 828). It's not just Christian mythology… I'm really not sure how a show could be more churchy than one about the Bible. Every time they they talk about everything is connected or callings (aka 100x an episode) they're referring to this Bible verse.
Well damn...that makes sense. The ending is gonna be terrible isn't it?

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
the premise of the show is that they've received a calling from god — a conclusion they reached at church. The entire show is based on the Bible verse Romans 8:28 (flight 828). It's not just Christian mythology… I'm really not sure how a show could be more churchy than one about the Bible. Every time they they talk about everything is connected or callings (aka 100x an episode) they're referring to this Bible verse.
I feel like they tried to step away from that a bit by bringing in other religions in S3, but yeah, some of the stuff is pretty heavy handed.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised considering how long it stayed on Netflix Top 10, it was outperforming a lot of their originals.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they tried to step away from that a bit by bringing in other religions in S3, but yeah, some of the stuff is pretty heavy handed.

Yeah, but even then they maintain one of the central themes that you should reject science in favor of blind faith. In the final episodes that have aired, the lines are blurred a little bit about which scientist is to be blamed for invoking God's wrath through research, but the message is the same

To be clear, I like the show. I think it's pretty dumb, and I measure the drama by how quickly Prince Charming whips off his glasses, but it's enjoyable and I look forward to the conclusion. I just would never argue it isn't preaching. I can look past that