• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
After taking its time figuring out where its wants the next Tron installment to go, Disney's sci-fi franchise looks to have new life as we are hearing Garth Davis has been tapped to direct the pic starring Jared Leto.

Davis has been better know for his smaller, art house films over the years like 2018's Mary Magdalene and his critically acclaimed 2016 drama Lion, which received six Oscar nominations including for Best Picture. Tron would mark Davis' first tentpole, and though he is not known for big-budget projects, insiders say Davis aggressively pursued the job and his take won over Disney execs in the end.

Jesse Wigutow wrote the most recent draft of the script. Leto is producing along with Justin Springer and Emma Ludbrook.

deadline.com

‘Lion’ Director Garth Davis To Direct Disney’s New ‘Tron’ Movie With Jared Leto

Garth Davis to direct 'Tron 2' for Disney starring Jared Leto

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Leto...?

giphy.gif

Agni

Banned
Jun 10, 2020
I'm disappointed he's making this. I've liked his work, and I don't like Tron. I'd be happier if Davis was working on something else.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
No thanks.

I'll allow it if they bring back Uprising on Disney Plus though.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Is there any solid allegations against leto? What I saw online was mostly rumor or snide twitter replies. Hard to believe Disney would work with him if there was doubt at this point, but every Leto thread is filled with people calling him a creep or pedophile.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
both tron movies have stank so far. I hope they bring back Daft Punk for the soundtrack though, that shit was dope last time.

Leto is an annoying creep, but on film I don't really have problems with him aside from Suicide Squad tbh, he's a decent actor. Davis makes good looking movies too so this should at least look great.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
What's wrong with Jared Leto? When put in a non stupid role he can act well

Why not continue with actual characters from the last movie?

Like at first I was confused thinking "they're making the son of the bad guy programmer from the first movie the lead? His role was so small in the last film" then I remembered that was Cillian Murphy and not Leto so I was even more confused lol.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Until there's actual allegations levied I'm not gonna comment on Leto rumors. Other than that when he's not being the joker he can be a talented actor.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Hollywood just so you're aware....there are other actors.

TWRP or Daft Punk for the soundtrack please.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why not continue with actual characters from the last movie?

Like at first I was confused thinking "they're making the son of the bad guy programmer from the first movie the lead? His role was so small in the last film" then I remembered that was Cillian Murphy and not Leto so I was even more confused lol.
I mean they still could? He could be a villain or a new character. We know so little about the movie other than its Tron and he is attached

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Don't even care about Leto. If Daft Punk is in, then so am I.

Would also accept Ed Harrison:

(really just an excuse to post this, ahem don't think it would be the best fit)

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Like, the acting quality is certainly not a pain point when it comes to Tron, but who the hell asked for Jared fuckin' Leto. lol

Anyways, as long as Daft Punk continues to be involved, I'm still in.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Im sure Legacy is seen as a failure to Diz (not Star Wars). So they dont see a reason to bring those people back. And all of Legacy's plot (besides Encom teasers) took place on Flynn's personal servers.

This is most likely full reboot. I had no problem with Leto's BR2049 performance. I just hate him as a douchebag.

My question would be if you consider Flynn, Sam and Quora's story finished in Legacy, how you get Tron in Tron?

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Given Leto is producing, he might part of the people pushing for this to happen and for it to be a vehicle for him.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, here's a three step plan to come out on top :
1. Announce the movie
2. Get Daft Punk to work on the soundtrack and release it ASAP
3. Bury the movie so deep it will make New Mutants look alive

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Weird choice of director. This is really one of those movies where you want an extremely skilled and talented stylist like Joseph Kosinski not..the guy who directed Lion (good movie, but doesn't much indicate he's a good fit for this).

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
What an awful choice for Director and actor. At least if they get Daft Punk we can come out on top with a banger of a soundtrack.