• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i only play games that have'em

pt8q3IS.jpg

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would you want to hide that in a Tactics game like Gears Tactics. I get it somewhat with other genres, but not strategy games.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I respectfully disagree and find they add value in almost any game that they are present in.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
to be fair, if you've never murdered someone how would you know that floating health bars are not realistic

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
What a weird nitpick to call "one of the worst" parts of modern gaming. Really?

OP
OP

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
What a weird nitpick to call "one of the worst" parts of modern gaming. Really?

Yeah, to me it's one of the worst. It can ruin an otherwise perfectly good game for me, so therefore to me it's one of the worst. I can ignore microtransactions and other BS, but when a game won't let me remove health bars, I can't ignore it. It's literally right there in my face.

If others don't value immersion as much as I do, so be it. I won't call them weird, they just have different priorities. To me however, floating health bars take me out of it. It's not by choice, my brain just reacts to the visual clutter in an adverse way. I don't think that's a 'weird nitpick'.

Nov 8, 2017
  • Floating health bars.
  • Enemies all have level indicators.
  • Get your sweet loot!
  • Eleven types of crafting resources, four of them ultra rare.
  • Daily and weekly challenges in a single player game.
  • Skill tree that like a computer science exam question.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Constant, in your face UI in general is just a design disaster. I always turn off this shit when possible or mod it out because it's such trash.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I really hate it, but its mainly because it symbolises a game that is going to have levels, gear, adn therefore spongy enemies and a fuck tof of grinding and microtransactions.

Some games its necessary (gears tactics in your example needs it because its a strategy game). But Gotham Knights needing it is just absurd

• Floating health bars.
  • Enemies all have level indicators.
  • Get your sweet loot!
  • Eleven types of crafting resources, four of them ultra rare.
  • Daily and weekly challenges in a single player game.
  • Skill tree that like a computer science exam question.

This perfectly sums it up. I audibly groan everytime i see a game like this

Dont forget pointless crafting and resource gathering!!!

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
...why would you not want to see enemy HP at all times in a tactics game like Gears Tactics?