• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DitaParlo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
variety.com

‘Fantastic Beasts 3’ Unveils 2022 Release Date, Title

The third installment in the "Fantastic Beasts" franchise is coming to theaters earlier than planned.

The third installment in the "Fantastic Beasts" franchise, titled "The Secrets of Dumbledore," is coming to theaters earlier than planned.

The Warner Bros. movie had initially been scheduled to release on July 15, 2022 but the studio opted to move the premiere up three months to April 15, 2022.

====
I didnt even know they already filmed this

Last edited:

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Started to rewatch the older movies on HBO Max. Really wish they kept Chris Columbus the feel of the first two movies is so much different from the last.

Yates needs to do something else.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I don't see how this isn't a massive flop. The movies were already on a downward trend pre JK burning a ton of good will she had with the HP audience. No idea who is going to be excited for this (and three years ago I would have been squarely in the target market)

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Wasn't the second Fantastic Beasts movie so terrible it ruined the perception of the entire sub-series even BEFORE Rowling was outed as a TERF?

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
is anyone actually interested in these after the last one?

so boring. so little stakes. so unimaginative.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Granted I never saw CoG and only read summaries, but the logline for SoD sounds like the exact same plot.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna bomb hard. The backlash against Rowling and the angry Johnny Depp fans are an anchor it can't support.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
Hm, the reputation the 2nd film garnered does not make me interested in going out and seeing this one, either.

Shame because I loved the first movie at the time.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
i'm not watching this because fuck Rowling

just want to make a joke about how "remember when these movies were supposed to be about Newt Scamander?"

Wasn't the second Fantastic Beasts movie so terrible it ruined the perception of the entire sub-series even BEFORE Rowling was outed as a TERF?
the last movie ended with Grindelwald telling the creepy kid from the first movie that the kid was Dumbledore's long lost brother

so yes

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
No thanks. Even if my household isn't giving a penny towards anything JK Rowling benefits from, Fantastic Beasts 2 was such a forgettable and awful sequel that it killed any interest I had in going to see this.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I love how they keep shoehorning prequel nonsense into a film series about finding magical beasts.

Also Crimes of Grindelwald was a terrible film.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Extremely generic, but I really hope it's an improvement over the terrible (and the worst of the 10 films) Fantastic Beasts 2.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Previous movie being crap along with ruining some really great characters, plus JK Rowling being a horrible human being, plus Eddie Redmayne defending her means screw this series so much.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Outside the whole Rowling-TERF stuff, the second movie was so bad and did Queenie so terribly wrong that I can't imagine anyone gives a crap.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
JK made the brand toxic and even if you still want to give money to that TERF the fanbase despised the second movie.

This will hopefully flop hard.

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
The second one was so bad and this one is going to get worse if they follow through on the same storylines from the second. She's a terrible screenwriter.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame Rowling is a TERF and the second film kinda sucked, because I think Newt is a great protagonist and a good example of positive masculinity.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I don't see how this isn't a massive flop. The movies were already on a downward trend pre JK burning a ton of good will she had with the HP audience. No idea who is going to be excited for this (and three years ago I would have been squarely in the target market)
Hit the nail on the head. I can't imagine going out to see this and I use to be a massive HP fan

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I do think the backlash against JK in this thread is being overblown to an extent. Not in the fact she deserves it or there hasn't been one but just in the scale that it will negatively affect the film's performance. There are plenty of people who either don't know about the backlash or sadly don't care or see her in the right.

Personally I think the fact the second film was pretty shit and it's been quite a while since that one will have more of an impact on a thirds performance.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even know they were filming this. Regardless, wasn't even planning on watching it; the TERF made sure of that.

Capricorn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why did Mads Mikkelsen have to get involved with this film? No doubt he'll be getting a huge paycheck, but here's to another mediocre big budget film where he gets to waste his talents playing some middling bad guy :(

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
JKR is a terf so I would steer clear of this no matter what.

But... in case anyone needed extra motivation to avoid it, FB2 is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i remember reading this is the one that will be on brazil, my only interest in the movie is to know how the country will be portrayed, but even then i dont want to watch

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
lol, even if it wasn't for JK's outing herself as a TERF I wouldn't have seen this in theaters after the disaster that the last movie was. Maybe on streaming one day.

Now though, no way. Everything new HP just bums me out. It just feels like seeing your favorite comedian getting MeToo'd, going away for a year and when they come back their act is all about political correctness and how they're the real victim.

Recasting Depp was stupid as hell too, but that's its own can of worms. Feel bad for him, I think he knows what his reputation has become and it felt like the last movie was him attempting to turn that around. For how much of a mess that movie was he seemed like the only one who was actually trying.

Jul 14, 2018
Philadelphia
Wouldn't be surprised if this is the first Potterverse movie to not break bank. The series getting older, Rowling's controversial image, covid, not being directly based on any iconic source material, and the bad reception of the second film are going to be big hurdles to get over.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Yeahhhh that's a hard pass.

I think there are still enough Harry Potter fans/TERFs/people who don't care that it won't be a financial disaster. But, yeah, I don't how this isn't going to be a flop from the standards of a major blockbuster.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate the title, but one of the things I liked about the titles of the Harry Potter books was the mystery, they were nearly always something we hadn't heard of before (I guess the exception being Azkaban).