• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Do they even have devkits? This reminds of that game that was announced for the Switch and the dev didn't even had kits.

traB-pU-kciP

Mar 30, 2019
Italy
Generally Cosmic Horror, as opposed to just horror, refers to otherworldly/ cosmic/ inter dimensional threats that are far too alien and powerful for humans to understand, let alone fight with any hope of actually winning.

Good examples are Lovecraft books and anything "Cthulhu" related (often refered to as the creator of CH), Event Horizon, Annihilation, Dead Space, SOMA, Control / a lot of the SCP stuff...

Basically it is horror delving into Alien stuff but so far removed from human comprehension that it drives people to despair + insanity. Also delves quite often a bit into body horror, but not necessarily.

Great explanation. Thanks!

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Looks kind of terrible honestly. Reminds me of a 360 era bargain bin type of game. Outside of the concept of it I'm surprised people are actually into this.

Yeah, I'm wondering how much the labels of "PS5" (do they even have access to dev kits?) and "cosmic horror" (like the quickest shortcut to garner geek interest) are blinding people, because the video screams mid-tier borderline amateur-enthusiast development.

Don't get me wrong, mid-tier games are sorely needed but people here are comparing it to Dead Space and seem to be expecting more from cosmic horror than flickering lights and tentacle monsters with no-clip on to indicate they're hallucinations.

Bloxx Chain

Mar 19, 2018
I don't know what genre draws me in more than good single player focused FPS (tps too). I will def be watching out for this.

Anybody know how close to launch of ps5 the team is targeting?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
common sense. not even more powerful hardware like a 2080Ti can do that without assistance. maybe if they use some kind of upscaling and reduce the RT effects to something like shadows, AO, or reflections. but "full advantage" tells me they want to use damn near everything, and that's a big ask

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Is this the next gaming trend? Naming games after literary subgenres
Cyberpunk
Cosmic Horror

Soon we shall have Young Adult and Gothic Romance

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
first time i've heard of this Kings of Lorn game.

that actually looks ... really cool? was it really a clunker or more of a 'mixed reception' kind of thing?

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Very Doom 3. Love Cthulhu mythos but I don't think this is for me.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Was kings of lorn any good? I would have checked it out, but the PS4 version is AUD 80 for some reason 😑

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks kind of awful, surprised at the activity in the thread.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The genre and style has a certain appeal so nothing wrong there. But also it's a PS5 title and the dev is actively talking about their PS5 version so that's gonna draw more attention.

TBH I'm not sure they even know much about it / have dev kits. This whole thing screams putting the cart before the horse.

Nov 8, 2017
All the tweets are telling me is that they have very enthusiastic PR, lol.

I can't believe they'd put RPG elements... in a shooter? The absolute mad lads.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
TBH I'm not sure they even know much about it / have dev kits. This whole thing screams putting the cart before the horse.

Why wouldn't they have devkits? It's a title with a possibility of coming out at or around launch for the PS5 and IIRC Sony's been sending out a lot of devkits to various studios

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
So this isn't a VR game? Because the weird, shaky camera movement in the trailer sure makes it look like a VR game.