• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
The plain ole gun coming out immediately made me less interested, but I'm still somewhat interested. Hopefully there are additional mechanics.

Dec 6, 2017
US
The most enticing part about this right now is the marketing calling it Cosmic Horror.

Will judge when I see some actual gameplay, who knows what this'll be. I do however like the weapon being a regular over-the-counter looking design rather than some fantasy gun design, makes me wonder if it'll be pretty 'regular guy and place faces insane shit' like Silent Hill a bit.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Everything about the first 10 seconds from the water to the building on fire did not look impressive at all. The tight corridors looked good enough though.

Glad the Jonas Brothers are making a game for next gen though.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like one of those PS3-era concept trailers for games that never actually came out.

That being said, hopefully this one will!

Yōkai_0h-No

Nov 20, 2018
The term 'Cosmic horror' seems to of just replaced 'horror' - if FEAR and DOOM3 came out nowadays would they be marketed as 'Cosmic horror'?

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The "gameplay" looks like a directed first person in-game cutscene.
This is what the gameplay would look like if the player was to do, move and look exactly where the developer wants them to at the correct time, and if it's VR, because that camera movement does not seem possible with anything else.

Generally not a fan of scary games.
Cosmic horror is one of the more interesting horrors though, I find.

What this trailer evokes for me is probably mostly Doom 3. Shotgun, flashlight, dark industrial facility, zombie demons.
Don't know how much cosmic horror there will really be, there's not really anything going on in this trailer.

They managed to make that door opening in the corridor a tense event. So that's good.
The design of the monsters is less good. Monster designs in a cosmic horror game should be weird, not zombies with red eyes. That's boring.
But who knows, they're not really trying to show the monsters here, so maybe they're WIP.

Last edited:

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
The most enticing part about this right now is the marketing calling it Cosmic Horror.

Will judge when I see some actual gameplay, who knows what this'll be. I do however like the weapon being a regular over-the-counter looking design rather than some fantasy gun design, makes me wonder if it'll be pretty 'regular guy and place faces insane shit' like Silent Hill a bit.

That, and the fact it's got combat, like good old survival horror. I'm so tired of all the run & hide horror games, and invincible stalkers.

Dec 6, 2017
US
That, and the fact it's got combat, like good old survival horror. I'm so tired of all the run & hide horror games, and invincible stalkers.

That is exactly what got me psyched for a straight up Wal-Mart found shotgun design strangely enough. I can't stomach one more 'you're helpless so run away and hope unpredictably terrible AI doesn't see you trial-and-error attempt #3' type Horror game.

That being said, it still looks lame so ehhhh! Again, will need to see real gameplay, not this cutscene thing.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
That is exactly what got me psyched for a straight up Wal-Mart found shotgun design strangely enough. I can't stomach one more 'you're helpless so run away and hope unpredictably terrible AI doesn't see you trial-and-error attempt #3' type Horror game.

That being said, it still looks lame so ehhhh! Again, will need to see real gameplay, not this cutscene thing.

I hope it'll emphasize atmosphere over action though, and not end up being like Doom 3, which immediately came to my mind from the teaser. It at least looks like reloading takes time, so perhaps it'll have limitations like that, and ammo being scarce.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The intro video voiceover got me excited but looks pretty generic horror game. Hopefully it's less zombie shooting and more elder god making me go insane type stuff. Doesn't look particularly impressive for a next gen game either. Fantastic title for a game though.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So have they just confirmed 2 separate versions of the same game?
No Ps5 patch for the PS4 version?

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like one of those initial next gen games that either never comes to fruition or is totally balls. Which is too bad since the concept is cool.

Oct 27, 2017
It looks pretty good, but I can't help but laugh at how that trailer hits a videogame fx checklist. It's like someone going "Water! Shadows! Flashlights! Reload animation! You guys like that shit, right?"

I do like that shit.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
OK this sounds really fucking awesome.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks kind of terrible honestly. Reminds me of a 360 era bargain bin type of game. Outside of the concept of it I'm surprised people are actually into this.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
The tone is right, but that's very clearly a directed scene. Still, optimistic if they can pull of that same tone in gameplay.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty interested in the concept itself, but I wished they showed something different besides "guys walks down hallway with spooky atmosphere and then something happens at the end".

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, out of nowhere a (possible) successor to DeadSpace!

Crossing fingers for it to be good, teaser is promising.

Into my veins!

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cosmic Horror??? What does this mean?
Generally Cosmic Horror, as opposed to just horror, refers to otherworldly/ cosmic/ inter dimensional threats that are far too alien and powerful for humans to understand, let alone fight with any hope of actually winning.

Good examples are Lovecraft books and anything "Cthulhu" related (often refered to as the creator of CH), Event Horizon, Annihilation, Dead Space, SOMA, Control / a lot of the SCP stuff...

Basically it is horror delving into Alien stuff but so far removed from human comprehension that it drives people to despair + insanity. Also delves quite often a bit into body horror, but not necessarily.