• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a huge fan of the CP movies and I'm really looking forward to this new one. Honestly there's nothing wrong with trying something different. If it doesn't work then we all move on. But if it's good then we'll be glad that it was made.

I think the poster is getting at how this movie somewhat feels like an unauthorized remake that's been made possible under a technicality. Regardless of what this movie does or how it turns out, I hope it doesn't hurt Mancini and his collaborators.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I love Brad Dourif, he doesn't get the respect he deserves in Hollywood for as good an actor as he is. He always puts in such a great job in every role, even in the smaller films that he does.

That said, this series lost me many years ago. Don Mancini went from making it a creepy horror movie series into much more of a comedy series when he brought in Tiffany and then the sequels that followed, just lost my interest after that.

So I am looking forward to this one and hope it's more like the first 3 movies rather then the later ones.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I love Mark as much as the next guy, but if it's not Brad, it should have been Fiona.

I love Brad Dourif, he doesn't get the respect he deserves in Hollywood for as good an actor as he is. He always puts in such a great job in every role, even in the smaller films that he does.

That said, this series lost me many years ago. Don Mancini went from making it a creepy horror movie series into much more of a comedy series when he brought in Tiffany and then the sequels that followed, just lost my interest after that.

So I am looking forward to this one and hope it's more like the first 3 movies rather then the later ones.
Did you see the last two?

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Fiona? Should be Jennifer Tilly
I mean, credit where credit is due to Jennifer Tilly but she doesn't have anything resembling Brad's delivery. Fiona absolutely killed it in the last movie for the bit she really got to be Chucky.

Edit: (She'd also be my choice for Envy if they ever did a live action FMA.)

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In case you forgot:

Childs-Play-Remake-New-Chucky-Photo.jpg

That's gonna be a no from me, dawg.

not for nothing but uh

chucky has a lazy eye

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
I love Mark as much as the next guy, but if it's not Brad, it should have been Fiona.

Did you see the last two?

I'm going off of memory here, so excuse me if these details aren't 100%>

The remake has been made possible because MGM owns the original Child's Play, with the rest of the series being elsewhere, Universal I believe. Basically, MGM decided to go ahead with the remake despite the series still being an ongoing one and without needing the go ahead or blessing from Don Mancini and Universal.

After deciding to go through with the remake, they reached out to Mancini and offered a producers credit which he then refused, and I don't blame him. It's a dirty move in a dirty business. Some people are pissed about it, others are excited to have two franchises about Chucky.

Fiona will most likely be involved in Mancini's next Chucky project, which is in preproduction as a television series for SciFi.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Twitter videos always skip for me since a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was some new minimal-attention-span style of editing but nah just bad streaming tech.

Edit: it works ok for me if I go to the tweet and play from there, but skips if I play it from the embed.
Ah ok. I just thought it was an asthetic thing to make it seem creepy

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like Hamill, and his voice may be great in this but sadly I will still not watch. I know I am the broken record no one wants to hear but this is a shameless cash grab by the studio that owns the rights to the first film and nothing else (which is why so much is being changed) and is distracting from the fact the actual series by Mancini and starring Douriff is still going strong with quite a few fans including myself really enjoying Curse and Cult and anticipating where it will go next with the series.

In other words I hope Mark gives a good performance and gets paid and people that do watch it enjoy his talent, just I won't be one of them.

Indeed, broken record. Surely any hollywood studio making a film is a cash grab? Because when you have the likes of IT and Halloween remakes which are actually amazing, why not try with chucky. You're not going to get that with Mancini .. and no the series isn't going strong, it's fucking trash tier not even worthy of straight to dvd. If you like any of the chucky films past 3 you probably think sharknado is a serious peice of art.

OT: This is awesome, will do a better job than Brad Douriff.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Indeed, broken record. Surely any hollywood studio making a film is a cash grab? Because when you have the likes of IT and Halloween remakes which are actually amazing, why not try with chucky. You're not going to get that with Mancini .. and no the series isn't going strong, it's fucking trash tier not even worthy of straight to dvd. If you like any of the chucky films past 3 you probably think sharknado is a serious peice of art.

Absurd. Curse of Chucky was pretty great.

A_Jazzy_Book

Oct 27, 2017
They weren't going to get Brad. That was a done deal. This is most definitely the next best thing. Great choice. My interest has gone up a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
About the only bit of good news from this remake so far. I wonder if he will go for something similar to his Joker voice when he gets really evil.

Might be worth a watch just for his performance but I still have very low expectations for the rest of the movie, being a big fan of the original series.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Does this chucky curse as much as the original? I remember OG chucky love to spout 'bitch!' alot..

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
I've never understood the passion around the Chucky series. The first is iconic, and I enjoy the sequels insofar as cheesy horror sequels go, but it's not precious.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
If you like any of the chucky films past 3 you probably think sharknado is a serious peice of art.

That's not how that works. Not all horror comedies are sharknado quality.

and Brad Dourif is much more highly respected when it comes to acting chops than Mark is. Mark is an accomplished voice actor, but Brad is iconic as Chucky, although he's phoned it in a couple of times.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh great choice but still not really feeling it. First trailer looked like a less fun Small Soldiers, which is NOT what Childs Play is or should be. Hopefully at least we will get a great performance from Mark

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

You thought IT (a second attempt at adaption not a remake) was good and your seriously going to question MY taste?

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't one doll horror franchise enough? Let's just do a Chucky vs. Annabelle spinoff to settle this and cast James Earl Jones as Annabelle.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Still sticking with the ongoing Dourif/Mancini series

Cult of Chucky was incredible and Curse was very good, this is the best their series has been in years. Meanwhile the trailer for this remake was...uninspiring to say the least

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I've never understood the passion around the Chucky series. The first is iconic, and I enjoy the sequels insofar as cheesy horror sequels go, but it's not precious.
What horror series hasn't descended into the trash heap over the years? Doesn't stop the characters from being beloved. Moreover, Chucky's managed to do something most horror series have never succeeded at. It rebounded without a reboot or remake. Curse and Cult are better movies than the rest of the franchise, minus the original film.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense. Brad Douriff's Chucky laugh is only rivaled by Hamill's Joker laugh

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Chucky is straight up kitsch these days. If that's what those people are into, that's fine, but I'm curious to see what a modern interpretation could be like.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's got such a devoted fanbase because it's mostly maintained the same core creative team while still being wildly varied in style and tone. Its rarely top-tier, but you get a sense people making the movie really gave a shit, especially in the later two entries. Not all their choices work, but you can tell the choices are being made out of a creative desire more so than one dictated by the market (Seed of Chucky, I'm looking at you).

Frankly, if the series ended on Seed of Chucky, the franchise would've withered away in memory. Those later two entries (especially Curse) showed there's so much life left in the weird Chucky canon.