• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
huhuhuh. They said... Butt.

Hope this does well.

Oct 28, 2017
This won't last more than those 2 season because Comedy Central has a horrible track record with animation on their network bar south park.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
When it came back to MTV, it was fucking great. I cant wait for this. The humor still works to this day.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
2020 salvaged.

Beavis and Butt-Head's 8th season (the 2011 revival) was AS strong as any other season of the show, while also managing to be modern in it's own way. So fucking happy about this.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
I loved Beavis and Butthead as a kid. My username is based on them :). They need to update the comedy. I tried going back and watching the original show and didn't find it funny at all.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
The problem is that the MTV audience was no longer the Beavis and Butthead audience. I think it has a much better shot at lasting a few seasons on a network where you expect satire.

Beavis and Butt-head Season 8 was one of the highest rated shows on MTV in 2011.

I think it also hurt some feelings because they skewered every other thing on that network.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
For everyone going "But there's no music videos", the reboot had B&B watching MTV reality shows and it was amazing.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What would a Gen Z Beavis and Butthead look like? I mean their attitude was so 90s.

Gonna argue Over who's the better Fortnight player while watching Ninja streams on Twtich? Then go record themselves Ordering food to put on TikTok?

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
What would a Gen Z Beavis and Butthead look like? I mean their attitude was so 90s.

Gonna argue Over who's the better Fortnight player while watching Ninja streams on Twtich? Then go record themselves Ordering food to put on TikTok?

These were much the concerns of the 2011 reboot.

They talked shit about Jersey Shore and Twilight and it still ruled.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yes! That one newer seasons shows just how much potential Beavis and Butthead still has.

Fuck MTV. Hope Mike Judge can just go nuts with this one.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the last reboot was pretty cool and on par with old B&B but sadly the MTV audience was a different beast compared to when the show debuted.

Hope this reboot is just as strong. I could see this being paired with the upcoming Daria spinoff starring Jodie.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Thinking of them watching today's music video's seems so bizarre, music video sure have changed and they're not as many anymore.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I don't see them commenting on music videos since they're no longer really a thing in the 21st century. Maybe replace it with YouTube videos?

Oct 27, 2017
Beavis and Butt-head laying into Streamers and Influencers would be fucking cathartic and wonderful.

The last "reboot" had some excellent episodes as well.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
cant wait to see what background characters mike judge uses to parody the misguided sensitive youth of today

of course, thats just a small silly thing. i do love beavis and butthead, i thought the last revival was quite good

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The MTV revival season was amazing, so I'm all for this. BRING IT ON. Revive Beavis and Butt-Head forever... as long as Mike Judge is involved.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Anyone been watching Judge's "Tales from the Tour Bus"? Don't really want to watch series 1 as it's about country music (not my bag), but series 2 is about Funk and Soul legends and it's been brill.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I still quote them riffing on Katy Perry's "Firework" all the time.

"you're like that part at the beginning about the plastic bag."

"shut up Butthead"

"hehe you're not a firework"

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
One of my all time favorite shows. I own the collection DVD sets and a lot of these episodes have me in tears.

Count me as excited.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Very intersted in seeing how a return would pan out. They were a reflection of the generation of their time and I'm not sure how that relates to today's world, unless they make a lot of adjustments?