• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Good news
The only endgame activity in the game is single player only so you dont need matchmaking....

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
2185d9cd3a32307b182a2aa1b37692be0ef564ac.gifv

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Well, first of all, it's an incredibly dull game, so I'm not surprised. I almost fell asleep playing the closed beta.

But, aside from that, how is this game not crossplay? Having crossplay and combining all players into a singular pool would instantly solve this issue. Sure the playerbase would still not be great but it would be enough.
in this day and age cross play should be mandatory with the option to filter player pools ala Gears of war say what you want about microsoft they have nailed Cross play and i am excited to see it in MCC.

Deleted member 76539

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 31, 2020
Shame it didn't take off, definitely had potential and personally had a great time. Played it with friends and have gotten about 70 hours out of it so I'm not too miffed if it just fades away now. I don't really vibe with the "live service game environment" very well so I was never gonna stay engaged for years.

So yeah, I had a great time but it definitely didn't fulfill it's potential.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After putting in 80 hours or so, i'm just done for now. Waiting for the next content drop

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Yeah all games need crossplay because it sucks for people to have matchmaking issues a month after launch.

Oct 27, 2017
Is crossplay even possible because of the Spider-man deal? The non-Sony versions would need the Spider-man assets and that could break some kind of exclusivity deal, right?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shame it didn't take off, definitely had potential and personally had a great time. Played it with friends and have gotten about 70 hours out of it so I'm not too miffed if it just fades away now, I don't really vibe with the "live service game environment" very well so I was never gonna stay engaged for years.

So yeah, I had a great time but it definitely didn't fulfill it's potential.

This is how I felt about it. I played it like 40 hours with friends. Maxxed out Widow's level and that was all I needed to do.

The game was frustrating to play with its bugs and horrible loot system. Finding public matches on the PS4 was a challenge half the time and the environments for each map were just so boring.

Like you have the entire Marvel universe to choose from and you go with Utah and generic bad guy labs for your choice of things to make me experience 100 times a row?

Just too bad, the game had a cool idea going for it.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The worst part is that it has a super solid foundation. CD just has no fucking clue how to make it interesting beyond the campaign + some couple hours of sidequests. I'm still baffled why the went the gear/levelroute instead of just focusing on a nice campaign and Avengers Initiative coopmode. Just a third person action game. Sprinkle in some Horde or some other stuff, release new content fairly regular, profit.

Whyyyyyyyyy

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the single player campaign a lot, but I'm not coming back to it till we get a new character I give a shit about, and it ain't Hawkeye or Hawkeye 2.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Glad I checked my FOMO and cancelled my preorder after some post-beta nut clarity. I almost fell for it, but it's just a very dry game. It absolutely should have been crossplay and whoever is at fault for it not being (be it Sony or otherwise) only contributed to that failure.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Keep in mind SE has had Infamously sky high expectations for Crystal Dynamics games in the past (Tomb Raider Reboot somehow missing sales expectations, anyone).... This is a full blown trainwreck smashing into a shitshow, on top of a dumpster fire.

Scubdi

Jan 21, 2020
I just don't understand why this game had to be GaaS. Like there is a fun superhero story inside there, but then the looter aspect is in total conflict with the rest of the game. It has the exact same loot issue as anthem did. The gear is just plain boring and what's worse you don't get any visual differences from gear.
The same thing bugged me in Anthem too because the gear just didn't 1: give meaningful gameplay improvements or changes 2: Changed nothing visually.

Half the fun in games like diablo is seeing your character change with new gear and seeing what kinda crazy shit legendary gear does to your abilities

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel's Avengers is currently the #11 PS4 game on Amazon (running behind Crash 4, Tony Hawk, Tsushima -- but ranked ahead of Madden).

It's the #9 Xbox One game (running behind FIFA, Madden, CoD: Cold War, and Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition).

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Crystal Dynamics had a rough go at it this gen :( (loved Rise of the Tomb Raider though)

Sucks to see one of my favorite studios miss the mark this bad

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
It's just not the kind of game I'm looking for in an Avengers game. I guess I was looking for a game more in the vein of PS4 Spider-man but with co-op options. I definitely didn't want a looter game.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I never managed to find a full match in the beta so a shame to hear it's an issue in the full release. I still need to finish the campaign, the Marvel stuff in the current season of Fortnite has been a big pull.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Can't believe the part where Crystal Dynamics puts the more focus on it's PR, which was the GaaS portion, ended up being this shitshow.

The SP content was alright but man, they fucked up the multiplayer portion so badly. They just weren't ready to make a GaaS.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still think not basing this in the MCU was a massive mistake and was probably where the lack of hype of this game came from. Even if the game was dull, the casual audience still would've flocked to it just to game as their favourite heroes.

I realize these characters existed before the MCU and DO exist separately...but...it was clear that Disney was like "time to capitalize on this in the gaming market" and made a strange call lol.

I guess Spider-Man still managed it, but I'd say that's because he's such a familiar hero and because the gameplay speaks for itself.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
It will be interesting to see the sales numbers for this one (if they ever come out). Based on search traffic and the number of people clicking on stories I wrote about it (which often predicts how well a game does in my experience) it smells strongly like a flop.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
It's completely insane that a co-op live service game released in 2020 doesn't have cross play.

Destiny 2 getting cross play is probably my most-desired gaming development. They announced it's coming, better late than never. But a brand new game should never have launched without this.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its a damn shame that this game is the crap shoot it is, yet on another side we have a gacha game doing way better than it and it's f2p (genshin impact)... hell this game was sent to die and was like a turd in the wind. Got this game for free from Verizon and.... I just can't defend it, its not good.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
I'd buy it on PC, but the Spider-Man exclusivity killed all interest I had, especially after how bored I got during the Beta. I'll wait til its $20 so I can at least play through the story

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Its a damn shame that this game is the crap shoot it is, yet on another side we have a gacha game doing way better than it and it's f2p (genshin impact)... hell this game was sent to die and was like a turd in the wind. Got this game for free from Verizon and.... I just can't defend it, its not good.

I'm not exactly looking forward to gachas being more popularized in consoles though. They're the most predatory kind of gaming MTXs.