• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn, enjoyed both seasons really, even though the S2 was probably somewhat hard to follow for those who have not read the books. Still, even books went downhill from there, so maybe it is a good thing after all.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I've finished S2 yet. Anthony Mackie is super charismatic, but they have him basically impersonating Joel Kinnaman doing his Terminator imitation. It also feels like the writing went downhill with evil clones and stuff.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
The show already felt uninspired by the second season. Which is a shame, the story author's alignment with TERFs was really sad to see, but the show tried to separate itself I felt with the first episode of the second season.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope this makes creators decide to make series more like Dark that has an actual ending in mind. I don't want 6 seasons of anything. Give me 3 well-produced seasons instead with an actual ending.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't muster the energy to continue watching S2. Was utter shit.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 went in the wrong direction, Mackie is a boss but the story was trash. No one cared for his Falconer hunt, the murder and scandal plot in season 1 was much better.

Fennec

Jan 22, 2019
Disappointing, but expected....

As much as I loved the first season, the second one was such a huge letdown !

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've finished S2 yet. Anthony Mackie is super charismatic, but they have him basically impersonating Joel Kinnaman doing his Terminator imitation. It also feels like the writing went downhill with evil clones and stuff.

The problem I had with Mackie was he didn't act like Kinnaman's Kovacs at all. It was made worse by the fact that the lounge singer at the beginning had his mannerisms down perfectly.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
i really enjoyed season 1 and didnt even know season 2 existed...i'm part of the problem i guess :-(

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Man Season 2 must've sucked if people here are saying it was even worse than s1. Season 1 was already a super badly written and acted mess.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Second season kinda tossed itself off a cliff tho. First season had more interesting dynamics between main characters and everything oozed high quality CG/set pieces. Guess they burned quite some money on it. Now I wouldn't mind someone trying to make a tv series outta Morgan's A Land fit for Heroes tho.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I didn't think it was great, but Netflix really needs to start giving some of it's shows closure or being more selective.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Honestly why would you make any expensive TV show that isn't an outright cultural phenomenon when you can have a reality show about people not having sex that's much cheaper and incredibly popular. Also I feel like they expanded the universe way too soon with that god awful looking anime and that just burnt out a lot of the momentum the show had (further hurt by the lackluster season 2).

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Season 1 wasn't the best thing ever but it was a fun ride. Season 2 sucked though. I wasn't confident that a possible season 3 would turn out good so I'm not too sad about the news.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly did not love this show. It was a wasted opportunity imo. Second season was worse than the first too.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still never get the narrative that Netflix gives nothing a chance and cancels shows after a couple of seasons. It's gotta be recency bias as this is nothing new for TV content producers. Hell, I remember several shows from the 90's that didn't even get a full first season before they were dropped, forget about getting a finale and closure. If you were an animated show on Fox for the longest time it was rare to get more than a single season.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Netflix can't follow thru with shit...the content on their platform is gonna be crap when people are watching these shows 10 years down the line with no satisfying season conclusion.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
First season was interesting but forgettable. Didn't get to watch S2 though. Hate to see Netflix cancel interesting shows though.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I still never get the narrative that Netflix gives nothing a chance and cancels shows after a couple of seasons. It's gotta be recency bias as this is nothing new for TV content producers. Hell, I remember several shows from the 90's that didn't even get a full first season before they were dropped, forget about getting a finale and closure. If you were an animated show on Fox for the longest time it was rare to get more than a single season.

Oh man, that brings me back to that Family Guy joke when it came back to Fox
www.youtube.com

Family guy has been cancelled

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. OH YEAH.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Loved the first season. Haven't gotten around to watching the second season yet. Sad to see it end:(

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix can't follow thru with shit...the content on their platform is gonna be crap when people are watching these shows 10 years down the line with no satisfying season conclusion.

The seasons of Altered Carbon are fairly self contained, there really aren't any massive mysterious left at the end of season 2 and unlike say Game of Thrones, the Altered Carbon series is complete and has been done for a while at 3 books. So you can just read it if you want to know everything.

Netflix has actually been super generous about closing off shows that need an ending, probably because they don't want shows to live on for 20 years hanging with a cliffhanger. For example I don't think Sense8 was very popular but they even granted it an extra movie to finish off the stories. Most of their recent shows they are pretty good about letting showrunners know when the final season is occuring.

For any fans of the show definitely watch the 1 hour anime they put out, I honestly thought it was better than season 2.

JHoNNy1OoO

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I was hyped for Season 1 but no matter how many times I restarted the show I could never make it through the whole thing. The story just never hooked me to care enough to keep watching. Sucks that it got canceled for those who enjoyed it.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
The seasons of Altered Carbon are fairly self contained, there really aren't any massive mysterious left at the end of season 2 and unlike say Game of Thrones, the Altered Carbon series is complete and has been done for a while at 3 books. So you can just read it if you want to know everything

There's no massive mystery left but they left the status of all the characters hanging, there's no closure.
They definitely didn't let the showrunners know that S2 was going to be the last one.

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
I would love it Netflix were a bunch of miniseries, rather than their more traditional television model.

They should focus on telling complete stories that they can bank away and sell forever, rather than just a bunch of shows that run their course and fizzle our.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The seasons of Altered Carbon are fairly self contained, there really aren't any massive mysterious left at the end of season 2 and unlike say Game of Thrones, the Altered Carbon series is complete and has been done for a while at 3 books. So you can just read it if you want to know

Thats a negative sir. There is still some unanswered questions.

Quake1028

Oct 25, 2017
Does this end Season 2 on a cliffhanger or is it sufficiently wrapped up enough to be satisfied?

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Love the universe, but Season 2 did nothing for me. Not especially surprised.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Does this end Season 2 on a cliffhanger or is it sufficiently wrapped up enough to be satisfied?

It wraps up the plot points of season 2 well, but it clearly ends on a note of - this isn't the end, there's more to come to look forward to.

Is there any chance another network could get this and do more?

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Just watching Season 2 and am 3 episodes in and am surprised its like watching a series written and edited by an idiot child in comparison. Its embarrassingly bad how stupid it is. I like Scifi but not dumb lazy scifi its sad they arent renewing it but its probably best after that mess that it doesn't return. If they didn't care to make much of an effort in the second season then the third would be even worse.