• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 14192

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
D8ZptVcXkAAbYgW

D8ZptxJW4AIBAo4

Beautiful gesture.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing gesture. He's done stuff like this before too.

I'm sure some will try and downplay it since we pay him a silly amount but it's still something he didn't have to do.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this idiot. Don't really care what he donates to charity. He's just giving away a portion of what hanging out with a fascist will give him when he's done playing. Bet he's got a great gig lined up with his buddy dictator

Meanwhile Enes Kanter couldn't even travel to play the Raptors in Canada out of fear of getting deported and Erdogan fucking murdering him because he had the gall to not support him and say mean things about him on twitter

Edit: Speaking of which

Dude can't even teach basketball to kids because complicit pro fascist assholes here buy into this propaganda garbage too. Fucking bullshit.

Last edited:

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good deed.

Still, f*ck Özil for courting a dictator. That shit has repercussions, too.

Oct 28, 2017
Kind of torn on Özil because the way he was singled-out as a scapegoat for Germany's world cup loss by many people really sucked... a lot of racists just used the 'he supports Erdogan' excuse to complain about immigrants on the national team

That said Özil's support of Erdogan is really shitty, too. Can't just buddy up with a corrupt, authoritarian dictator who just ignores elction results that don't suit him and act like it's no big deal

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of torn on Özil because the way he was singled-out as a scapegoat for Germany's world cup loss by many people really sucked... a lot of racists just used the 'he supports Erdogan' excuse to complain about immigrants on the national team

That said Özil's support of Erdogan is really shitty, too. Can't just buddy up with a corrupt, authoritarian dictator who just ignores elction results that don't suit him and act like it's no big deal

The issue with that is back then he played it down and said he just posed with the guy with a shirt so what's the issue. It's like he just suddenly saw him and posed with a shirt for him.

He clearly was lying and the relationship a lot deeper than what he was saying. I mean he invited the guy to be his best man at his wedding. Could have asked one of his footballing friends or anyone but he asks him. Weird.

Yes a few of the tones were racist towards him. But Germany have quite a few immigrants playing for them. Poldolski was one of them.

Ozil is also singled out for the way he plays too. When the chips are down he's not really the type of player whose going to get you back up. When the whole team is playing well then Ozil will play well.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not in this thread. Did you see like the first 20 posts. He was described as a wonderful human being and we need more people like him in the world.
for donating money to people in need? kudos to him. better than soccer players buying expensive cars, golden steaks etc. to show up or worse raping women and covering it up.

Oct 27, 2017
for donating money to people in need? kudos to him. better than soccer players buying expensive cars, golden steaks etc. to show up or worse raping women and covering it up.

So now you know what car Ozil drives and what steak he eats. Maybe you should google his car collection and you'd see it fits in with every other football player. Pretty sure he's probably been to that salt guys restaurant considering his Turkish roots. Probably just not stupid like Ribery to record himself eating that steak.

Ronaldo donates to people in need, shall we cover his actions up too? So does Neymar. In fact probably most of the top football players do some charitable work but I'm sure not all of them hang around with dictators.

Now Juan Mata there's a true class guy.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So now you know what car Ozil drives and what steak he eats. Maybe you should google his car collection and you'd see it fits in with every other football player. Pretty sure he's probably been to that salt guys restaurant considering his Turkish roots. Probably just not stupid like Ribery to record himself eating that steak.

Ronaldo donates to people in need, shall we cover his actions up too? So does Neymar. In fact probably most of the top football players do some charitable work but I'm sure not all of them hang around with dictators.

Now Juan Mata there's a true class guy.
no but he donated money to a good cause and thats what the story is about. so far i did not see a story where özil raped someone and donated money to cover it up unless you are implying that his newly wed wife was forced to marry him.

Oct 27, 2017
no but he donated money to a good cause and thats what the story is about. so far i did not see a story where özil raped someone and donated money to cover it up unless you are implying that his newly wed wife was forced to marry him.

What are you going on about man?

See the story above he had a fascist dictator as his best man and you see no problem with that? Ok.

Why do you keep going on about rape and shit? Where the hell did I imply about the last thing you said? Are you feeling ok? So now suddenly I'm implying that Ozil forced his wife to arrange marriage when I am questioning why the hell did he have a facist dictator as his best man. Seriously what kind of logic are you using to get to that logic.

kortvarsel

Avenger
Dec 11, 2017
Other people being worse doesn't make you good. Noone is defending Neymar and Ronaldo.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure the children having their lives saved through his money couldn't give a toss who was at his wedding.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Good PR deflection from buddying up to a dictator.
Imagine if an American athlete had Trump as their best man at their wedding.

Idontwantit

Alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2019
Being friends with a horrible dictator and donating money. Make up your mind man, do you want to be evil or good? You can't be both.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Being friends with a horrible dictator and donating money. Make up your mind man, do you want to be evil or good? You can't be both.

People generally aren't so black and white. He's not a cartoon villain. He's been working with this charity for years so it's hardly a PR move either like some are implying.

His support for Edrogan is horrible but I'm glad he's able to help out a shit load of kids in need. Maybe he'll wake up one day and realise what a twat he is for chumming around with a facist.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are you going on about man?

See the story above he had a fascist dictator as his best man and you see no problem with that? Ok.

Why do you keep going on about rape and shit? Where the hell did I imply about the last thing you said? Are you feeling ok? So now suddenly I'm implying that Ozil forced his wife to arrange marriage when I am questioning why the hell did he have a facist dictator as his best man. Seriously what kind of logic are you using to get to that logic.
i agree that erdogan is a horrible politician that is opressing his people and the free press. i also think that soccer players that are not subjected to such opression should not support erdogan. still i dont think that donating money to charity should be criticized and view as a cover up maneuver. i mean he is openly supporting erdogan. its his belief. its a shitty belief for sure but he is not covering up anything.

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
I would guess the big fuss about the wedding is more because of Amine.
However, both were raised in europe and it's a pity that both are utilized so easily by politicians.

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
i agree that erdogan is a horrible politician that is opressing his people and the free press. i also think that soccer players that are not subjected to such opression should not support erdogan. still i dont think that donating money to charity should be criticized and view as a cover up maneuver. i mean he is openly supporting erdogan. its his belief. its a shitty belief for sure but he is not covering up anything.
I don't think people are criticizing Özil for giving to charity. I think the point is that he is still a shitty person for supporting Erdogan and that charity support does not change that.