Soap

Oct 27, 2017
We need to decide who is doing the OT for the election. Given how this thread has been I honestly think we need to be careful that a new thread doesn't devolve into mud slinging. Honestly and ideally I'd just prefer a mod does it if they were willing.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I want a webcam I can put in the corner of my screen while I'm working just to watch Larry go past while it rains to reflect the mood of the nation

Oct 27, 2017

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I want a webcam I can put in the corner of my screen while I'm working just to watch Larry go past while it rains to reflect the mood of the nation

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

GGdW4LSXQAEqQ2v.jpg

Larry for PM.

He's the most competent staff member in Downing Street.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017

Lil Bee

Feb 13, 2024
volunteer.labour.org.uk

I'm volunteering with Labour

You should be part of it - say you'll volunteer with us.

For those with too much time on their hands and interested in helping out.

I'd say you couldn't pay me enough, but I am very very poor and you probably could.
All the same, fuck 'em. Every time Starmer goes on about working people and then just stays silent about how he's going to change things for the better for the most vulnerable people in society, I SLEEP.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Looking forward to the labour manifesto. I want to see what they actually want to do, apart from avoiding headlines.

Edit: I can't vote because I'm not a citizen, so it doesn't really matter but I'm still curious to see how bold they are.

Last edited:

Rodelero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd class +1 as going up but I guess if you put it that way.

It's an increase, but polls produce a noisy signal. It's impossible to determine whether that +1 represents people's opinions changing or just little fluctuations in the data that inevitably result from polling a relatively small number of people. To get an idea of whether there is actual change happening you really have to look at a range of polls over a period of time.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
+1 may or may not be moving up, but that's change over a week.

If it continues like this you go into election day still at 40-27.

I would point out though that the Tory share going up does not mean anyone new decided to vote for them, it might mean people looked at the options and answer "Not voting" which are then excluded from the numbers entirely in polls like this.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Posting the link to the GE thread for anyone in here who may have missed it.

www.resetera.com

UK General Election 2024 |OT| Gone on the Fourth of July News - OT

Thread title courtesy of Happy Toast 30th May - Parliament is dissolved. 5th - 16th June - Party manifestos expected to be published (based on Institute for Government analysis of past election periods). 7th June - Deadline for candidate nominations. 18th June - Deadline for new voter...