• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Mashima:

vqeDe4O.png
So accurate

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Feels like I'll be rereading One Piece for the rest of my life at the pace I'm moving lol. At least I'm finally I'm Water 7. It took me like 2 months to read thru Alabasta and them another 10 to make it to W7 lol.

Insane how fresh Water 7 feels compared to the rest of the series before it. And then OP just stays on a tear for like 5 more arcs. The art really shines too, I've been reading an upscale of the colored manga and I couldn't imagine watching the anime instead. Actually, I've tried (in service of appeasing my attention span), never lasted more than an ep before going back lol.

Man I just don't get talking about video games online anymore. This Yasuke shit really puts it into stark relief, we get THE Assassin's Creed game that people been vocally wanting half their lives and there are really people talking shit because YASUKE IS IN IT. Like that's not cool as fuck.
Too many people have settled into being openly disingenuous and they're comfortable as hell doing it. Every gaming-adjacent social media forum is infested with weird little assholes, racists and misogynists with no real life experience outside of their own fuckhead bubbles, who just say shit. No filter, no thought, just pure emotional response. Shit, I pretty much feel the same way about this forum, even if people are more likely to be articulate and less likely to whine on and on about dogshit devs or whatever. I almost scrambled my password today and walked away when I saw a poster play the 'actually communities are comprised of individuals' card despite routinely generalizing ideas and communities themselves. And the fanboys are just boring these days tbh, it ain't even fun to banter anymore. They really just do be like "so *competing platform* is your god, huh?* while spending 70% of their time spitballing M&A and justifying anti-consumer moves in their favorite platform's megathread. *sigh*

OP
OP
Tace

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Feels like I'll be rereading One Piece for the rest of my life at the pace I'm moving lol. At least I'm finally I'm Water 7. It took me like 2 months to read thru Alabasta and them another 10 to make it to W7 lol.

Insane how fresh Water 7 feels compared to the rest of the series before it. And then OP just stays on a tear for like 5 more arcs. The art really shines too, I've been reading an upscale of the colored manga and I couldn't imagine watching the anime instead. Actually, I've tried (in service of appeasing my attention span), never lasted more than an ep before going back lol.

Man I just don't get talking about video games online anymore. This Yasuke shit really puts it into stark relief, we get THE Assassin's Creed game that people been vocally wanting half their lives and there are really people talking shit because YASUKE IS IN IT. Like that's not cool as fuck.
Too many people have settled into being openly disingenuous and they're comfortable as hell doing it. Every gaming-adjacent social media forum is infested with weird little assholes, racists and misogynists with no real life experience outside of their own fuckhead bubbles, who just say shit. No filter, no thought, just pure emotional response. Shit, I pretty much feel the same way about this forum, even if people are more likely to be articulate and less likely to whine on and on about dogshit devs or whatever. I almost scrambled my password today and walked away when I saw a poster play the 'actually communities are comprised of individuals' card despite routinely generalizing ideas and communities themselves. And the fanboys are just boring these days tbh, it ain't even fun to banter anymore. They really just do be like "so *competing platform* is your god, huh?* while spending 70% of their time spitballing M&A and justifying anti-consumer moves in their favorite platform's megathread. *sigh*
Water 7 is where One Piece became truly goated

I completely agree with you, and lately it feels even more exhausting talking about things online where seemingly anything that is a little different(female or POC protagonist) it becomes the latest battleground for the next culture war. I really didn't think the AC news would end up like this, but I was being super naive.