• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Logo :
DXxrIrzX0AAW-IR.png

PR (Thanks Kenzodielocke )

Today, we have an important announcement from the development team of Tom Clancy's The Divisionfor you.

The past few years have been incredible for the team here at Massive ! When we started working on The Division , it was immediately clear to us that we had something very special here and something we really wanted to do right from the start. But we also knew that we would not be able to achieve this ambitious goal without your help.

Since the release of The Division 2 years ago, we have remained true to this philosophy. We have repeatedly used opportunities to interact with you. Be it via livestreams, polls or just social media. Also, the introduction of the Public Test Server was a way to immediately get feedback from you before we implement new extensive features or make changes to the game. We've never stopped striving to make The Division even better, and our recent update 1.8 is testimony to how we can see your overwhelming feedback and support.

All these new opportunities and experiences have also improved the team's internal processes. We have become quicker and can thus respond better to your feedback. But our vision of what matters to us and what makes The Division so memorable for so many people has never been clearer.

However, when we released our game in 2016, it was clear to us that it was just the opening chapter of a much bigger saga, so we're excited to share more with you today about what awaits you in The Division Universe next.

We are very pleased to announce that we are currently working on Tom Clancy's The Division 2 . The development is led by Massive Entertainment and driven by close collaboration with Ubisoft Annecy, Redstorm, Reflections, Ubisoft Bucharest and Ubisoft Shanghai. The Division 2 will be based on an updated version of the Snowdrop Enginethat will help us realize our ambitions for this title. More importantly, we can also invest all the experience we've accumulated over the past two years in this sequel to make sure everything is going well.

But that is not all. The division continues. After the celebrations of our 2 year anniversary, we will support the game with 2 more title updates. These will be 2 brand new Global Events; Include more Legendary difficulty missions and an Xbox One X update that will rediscover the beautiful and emblematic New York City with all its stunning details in both 4K and 1080p.

In addition, as of June 2018, players will also be able to play 'Crests', which are specific achievements that will allow them to unlock The Division 2 rewards.

The teams are extremely grateful for all the support over the past two years and we can not wait to show you what we have planned for The Division 2 during the E3 2018 in June.

- Julian Gerighty, Creative Director, Massive Entertainment

From AllGamesDelta Twitter : https://twitter.com/AllGamesDelta/status/971769170445656066[/quote]

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
DXxrIrzX0AAW-IR.png

Today, we have an important announcement from the development team of Tom Clancy's The Divisionfor you.

The past few years have been incredible for the team here at Massive ! When we started working on The Division , it was immediately clear to us that we had something very special here and something we really wanted to do right from the start. But we also knew that we would not be able to achieve this ambitious goal without your help.

[Attachment] Since the release of The Division 2 years ago, we have remained true to this philosophy. We have repeatedly used opportunities to interact with you. Be it via livestreams, polls or just social media. Also, the introduction of the Public Test Server was a way to immediately get feedback from you before we implement new extensive features or make changes to the game. We've never stopped striving to make The Division even better, and our recent update 1.8 is testimony to how we can see your overwhelming feedback and support.

All these new opportunities and experiences have also improved the team's internal processes. We have become quicker and can thus respond better to your feedback. But our vision of what matters to us and what makes The Division so memorable for so many people has never been clearer.

However, when we released our game in 2016, it was clear to us that it was just the opening chapter of a much bigger saga, so we're excited to share more with you today about what awaits you in The Division Universe next.

We are very pleased to announce that we are currently working on Tom Clancy's The Division 2 . The development is led by Massive Entertainment and driven by close collaboration with Ubisoft Annecy, Redstorm, Reflections, Ubisoft Bucharest and Ubisoft Shanghai. The Division 2 will be based on an updated version of the Snowdrop Enginethat will help us realize our ambitions for this title. More importantly, we can also invest all the experience we've accumulated over the past two years in this sequel to make sure everything is going well.

[Attachment]

But that is not all. The division continues. After the celebrations of our 2 year anniversary, we will support the game with 2 more title updates. These will be 2 brand new Global Events; Include more Legendary difficulty missions and an Xbox One X update that will rediscover the beautiful and emblematic New York City with all its stunning details in both 4K and 1080p.

In addition, as of June 2018, players will also be able to play 'Crests', which are specific achievements that will allow them to unlock The Division 2 rewards.

The teams are extremely grateful for all the support over the past two years and we can not wait to show you what we have planned for The Division 2 during the E3 2018 in June.

- Julian Gerighty, Creative Director, Massive Entertainment

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Please have a battle royale mode, playing that in a giant abandoned town (NYC again?) would be pretty cool. I'd be in!

Also damn, that's a quick turnaround. I didn't expect this til next year. I guess it'll be 3 years exactly after 1 came out, time flies!

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Huh, alright. Cool. I'm in. I REALLY liked the atmosphere of the first one. Hope they're able to replicate and improve on that.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
More of what I like! My biggest wish is that they make stat RNG on loot simpler.

Nov 1, 2017
Please have a battle royale mode, playing that in a giant abandoned town (NYC again?) would be pretty cool. I'd be in!

Also damn, that's a quick turnaround. I didn't expect this til next year. I guess it'll be 3 years exactly after 1 came out, time flies!
I would be pretty shocked if it didn't include BR in some form.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Was impressed with what they managed to bring to the table for their first leap into the genre. With such a strong foundation, the bar will be set very high for the sequel.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Goddamn this will look delicious on 1X. Cannot wait to see what they bring for D2.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
The big questions for every GaaS announcement these days:

1. Will it have lootboxes?
2. If so, is it Free to Play?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't play the first game, but if this one improves on the formula, I just might jump in.

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
hmm they didn't announce the platforms it will release for. XBOX, PS4, and PC or given but I wonder about Switch....

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good, the first one once patched up was a lot of fun.

Please use the first as is as a jumping point and not have to go through lots of patches again Ubisoft.

The big questions for every GaaS announcement these days:

1. Will it have lootboxes?
2. If so, is it Free to Play?

*sigh* probably.

I really want loot boxes to stay away from this. The first didn't need them.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
They should just go crazy and add zombies and ish. i feel like the game would of been better that way.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Why does every new game on the planet now suddenly needs a Battle Royal mode?

Play the the respected games for that.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty damn sure this is one persistent world sequel that won't be absolute shit........*looks at bungie*

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
If they really improve on the first one, they really can eat Destiny's lunch like MH World did

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
X1X patch has me very excited.

Will definitely revisit the game and get ready for number 2. I guess it will be in a different city.... hopefully.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they are going to have a fleshed out BR mode. And why not? It's popular and fun. I'm excited.