• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Can you actually purchase it?

*Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered for the PS5 console is only available as part of the Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I get a "no available for purchase" message

Edit. Nevermind, shitty new PS Store didn't send me to my regional PS Store

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I get a "no available for purchase" message

CFcOq4r.png
Mine is orange and doesn't say "not available for purchase" but I'm also signed out (since I own it and it would reflect that).

Oct 27, 2017
It shows up as purchased for me, I didn't purchase it. It's probably not live yet and the store is just acting weird.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
You can also just borrow a friend's disc copy of Miles Morales and buying Remastered gives it to you as a standalone game (for half that price).

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully a retail release as well.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
When you add it to the cart you get the PS4 GOTY version instead 🤔
EDIT: hold up this ain't the store, this is the Playstation site 😕
EDIT 2: I put the "PS5" version in the cart and now both the PS4 GOTY and the PS5 version show up as in the cart. Incoming Free PS5 upgrade?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot that the new shitty PS Store doesn't redirect you to your correct region Store (Mexico) in my case. Once I changed the URL, I could DO get it on my cart
Yeah, I swapped to my region (AUS) when I saw the price was only $30 but both times it showed as the orange "add to cart" button.

It'd be great if this were a standalone purchase but people should absolutely get Miles too.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope so but I still wish there was some way to upgrade the PS4 version to this one. Not double-dipping for $40.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For people that may have missed the PS4 version, well worth it. I'm glad I waited. 60 fps mode is like buttah.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to get the product page to load fully on the Canadian store? Not showing the price. Probably $55 or $60.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Damn. If I knew, I would've waited instead of spending $70 for the Miles UE bundle when I was mostly interested in Remastered. Eh.. oh well.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Nah, it's its own game on the PS5 dashboard.
Its a digital code for the PS5 Ultimate copy of the Remastered. They are both separate.
For non-Ultimate owners, you got to go inside Miles in order to buy the Remaster.
No, it turns into a standalone game. If you have the disc version of the game, you wouldn't need the disc to play it.

cool, thanks everyon.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
How does the upgrade work anyway? If I buy it for $20 do I have to have miles installed to play it?
Nah, it's its own game on the PS5 dashboard.
Plus if you own the disc version of Miles Morales and then upgrade, you don't even need the MM disc in. Downloads an entirely separate game. I swap between disc Demon's Souls and Remastered depending on what I feel like playing and it's great.

Edit: Beaten :'(

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Plus if you own the disc version of Miles Morales and then upgrade, you don't even need the MM disc in. Downloads an entirely separate game. I swap between disc Demon's Souls and Remastered depending on what I feel like playing and it's great.

Edit: Beaten :'(
So I rent Miles again, I can buy SM Remastered for $20, send Miles back, and continue to play SMR? May just do that since I rented Miles & got the Plat.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
If you are going to get Miles Morales or already have it, you can then purchase Spider Man Remaster at the Miles Morales start screen for $20.
Or at least when I bought it not sure if that still applies.

Better deal. But still worth the price especially if you haven't played. Looks amazing.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is just a weird artifact of their website being so bad. I own the digital PS4 edition of the game but not the PS5 version. The web link OP posted shows it as "purchased", but when I click on "Download from Library" it takes me to a page that doesn't list it at all on the PS5 list (I do own a PS5). I opened the PSN store on my PS5 and there is no PS5 version of Spiderman Remastered I can download.

Maybe it'll go up some point, but I bet this is just one of those weird side effects of their crappy PS4 & PS5 editions being two entirely different titles and the website having a tough time figuring it out.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yeah at $40 it'd only be good for those who don't plan to play MM. Just borrow a MM copy and buy it for $20.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, don't do this. Get it for $20 alongside MM.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to only buy this but not also want MM. Just buy them together, or buy this after buying MM and going through the ingame menu for the offer.

Heck, borrow it from someone if you're the weirdo who only wants the remaster.

Jiggy I really recommend adding a note in the OP that this is very, very much not worth it, since you can get it for $20 via Miles Morales in the menu.

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
Performance mode with ray tracing is immaculate. This is how you do open world, traversal and combat makes all the side missions a joy to play!

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Guys sorry to be annoying, I've had a bunch of dumb questions since I got my PS5 but how does buying this via MM work? I installed Miles Morales then purchased the £20 upgrade to limited edition in the menu. Nothing happened or downloaded. I googled it and it said to go to the Spider-Man PS4 page then change it to the PS5 version. This doesn't work, it only gives me the option to switch between PS4 Spider-Man and PS4 Spider-Man GOTY. How do I download Spider-Man Remastered? I got the thanks for your purchase email so I know I own it but it's not mentioned on the store at all

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Guys sorry to be annoying, I've had a bunch of dumb questions since I got my PS5 but how does this work? I installed Miles Morales then purchased the £20 upgrade to limited edition in the menu. Nothing happened or downloaded. I googled it and it said to go to the Spider-Man PS4 page then change it to the PS5 version. This doesn't work, it only gives me the option to switch between PS4 Spider-Man and PS4 Spider-Man GOTY. How do I download Spider-Man Remastered? I got the thanks for your purchase email so I know I own it but it's not mentioned on the store at all

Just guessing, but can you see it in your purchases games in the library?