• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you haven't received an email yet, they also seem to be available if you go to your Fangamer survey page.

Wheatly

Nov 18, 2017
Love the setting

Definitely feels like the older games (in all the good ways - barring the controls). Can't wait to get immersed in this when it releases

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
GDHNFPOUFDSHJKLDSWUD!!!

gZq4PXE.jpg

Waxyresidude

Oct 31, 2017
How big is the download size?

I checked the Shenmue3demo folder and it contains 11.8 GB (12,679,970,816 bytes).

I went poking around in the files and I found a list of BGM for minigames.

• AnimalRace - Perhaps more than just turtles.
  • BASKET
  • Chobuchan_Fighter - This would explain the "Virtua Fighter" font on the arcade screen inside the GAME arcade screenshot.
  • ChopWood
  • CowBalloon - Cows and balloons apparently.
  • ExQTE
  • Fishing
  • GOLF
  • HighwayStar
  • Mogura
  • QTEtitle2
  • RCboart
  • RCboat
  • RCForkRace

Last edited:

Asian Oni

Oct 27, 2017
I loved it. Can't wait. I expected much worse but this isn't even the final build.

It ran pretty well on my PC (i5 4690k + GTX1080), had some minor stutters when loading some areas for the first time.

master15

Nov 28, 2017
Watching a few streams, this is definitely looking like faithful continuation of Shenmue. Can not be more overjoyed. A few screens taken from Dojo-

index.php

index.php

index.php

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
Very limited setting options. No ultrawide support. Only graphic option is low, medium, high and very high. Can't change controller setup either. At least, fps is unlocked.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I loved every moment of it. The fighting felt not good at all to me at first, but once I got a feel for it I was stomping everyone. It actually feels pretty refined now that it has clicked with me.

Not going to lie, I had tears in my eyes at one point. I cannot believe just how much like Shenmue it really truly feels like. November is going to be an emotional month for me for sure.

Also! The PC version runs INCREDIBLY well for me. I cannot believe how smooth it looked.

master15

Nov 28, 2017
I loved every moment of it. The fighting felt not good at all to me at first, but once I got a feel for it I was stomping everyone. It actually feels pretty refined now that it has clicked with me.

Not going to lie, I had tears in my eyes at one point. I cannot believe just how much like Shenmue it really truly feels like. November is going to be an emotional month for me for sure.

Also! The PC version runs INCREDIBLY well for me. I cannot believe how smooth it looked.

Really glad to hear your impressions about combat. Watching a lot of streams this evening honestly at first, the combat looked slow and animation incredibly stilted.

Seeing a few replay the demo over and over again, seeing how combat improves once they train, spar and use skill book editor makes a marked difference to combat speed and flow. The hit animation still leaves a bit to be desired but I think Shenmue fans will have a lot to chew on.

Blackjaw

Nov 21, 2017
I didn't back (was too poor then) but I need this in my life now...any way I can purchase or is it too late?

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I am really satisfied with the demo. The world is so colorful and vibrant. The combat takes a bit to get use to but it starts to click over time.

Cloudius

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still not feeling the combat. Still weird not having a proper dodge button and throws.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah I miss the throws but I think this new combat will grow on me a lot. I can see groups working better than ever.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
I loved every second of what I've played so far. Just going into the first shop you see and being able to examine so many items and look through all the drawers was incredible.

The environments are so good... It really was an emotional experience exploring for the first time. I'll play it a lot more later and finally find the bookie at some point xD

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
So I have been playing and just doing nothing but training and exploring. The game is beautiful. My PC s not a powerhouse but it's ok and it runs the game on very high and it looks beautiful.

cpuldnt ask for anything more. Can't wait todig in some more and try combat.Yu Suzuki is a genius

question though, is there a way to save the demo? I have to go out and I don't want to lose my progress.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
I played the demo a bit more. I'm glad to see your moves have a lot more impact as you level them up, I was having a lot of fun with the combat as I got better.

A nice small detail was when I knocked on a random door and the person was out. I saw a woman go in later and tried again and she answered. I'm sure the full game will have tons of these little moments :)

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck I can't believe I have finally played Shenmue III, after almost 20 years! The demo is fucking AMAZING! It's 100% Shenmue. It feels, looks and runs absolutely fantastic. It's fucking beautiful. I'm still trying to process everything after one playthrough but there's so many details.

The exploration, music, beautiful setting, really fun characters who have interesting responses to what you ask are all so good. Some character responses made me laugh and I was surprised by how much depth some had. The combat definitely takes getting used to but I think it has the potential to be great. It's different but it feels like it has impact and once mastered will work well.

I actually can't believe how polished it feels. It ran absolutely great on my PC and it's by no means a high end gaming PC. It has surpassed my expectations and the team have done so well. There's no doubt that the full game is going to be absolutely amazing. They fucking did it!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Watching a few streams, this is definitely looking like faithful continuation of Shenmue. Can not be more overjoyed. A few screens taken from Dojo-

index.php

index.php

index.php

Those last two shots look especially nice. I'm in danger of getting the bad ending at this rate, I'll spend to much time investigating every little corner of the game world!

Glad to hear the combat isn't too bad, those initial impressions around E3 were somewhat concerning (though like Yakuza, combat is a small part of the greater experience for me) but hearing it gets better the more you play is great news. Unfortunately my PC is both underspec'ed and without a graphics card at the moment (oops) so I'll just be waiting for my PS4 copy come November. Absolutely can't wait, this is the only real sequel I've wanted to a game, and now its finally almost here! And watching the new trailer... the one scene right at the end... I can't wait.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca

That surreal moment when someone nonchalantly gives their impressions of Shenmue 3. It's real. It's actually real.

I don't have a means of playing the trial even though I have a key (I think), so I'm just going to wait it out until release day, but to all those who Shenmue fans playing it, I hope it delivers for you.

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That surreal moment when someone nonchalantly gives their impressions of Shenmue 3. It's real. It's actually real.

I don't have a means of playing the trial even though I have a key (I think), so I'm just going to wait it out until release day, but to all those who Shenmue fans playing it, I hope it delivers for you.
Do you mind if I get that key?
Im so hyped lol

Deleted member 2328

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't overstate how happy I am to read so many positive impressions. I have a long day of work ahead of me. I can't wait to go home and play!

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Less than 2 months to go.
I can't believe it's this close. I've only tried the previous game's on the PS4 but I can't get into it due to the controls. I don't have many nostalgia but I think this game could be amazing.
I'm hyped.