• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Notable detail, these two packs will include the adapter necessary to enjoy PS VR on PlayStation 5, knowing that the object will be systematically given to all new buyers of PS VR in store from October 29. As for all those who already have the helmet, SIE recalls that this adapter will be distributed free of charge on request but has not yet revealed the procedure to follow.
Source

ps-vr-les-prochains-packs-au-japon-incluent-l-adaptateur-pour-jouer-sur-ps5-95087ca6__w1280.png
ps-vr-les-prochains-packs-au-japon-incluent-l-adaptateur-pour-jouer-sur-ps5-58d2bd16__w1280.png

The new bundles should have this thing indicating they have the adapter:

owBzFp8.png

Interestingly, this does seem to imply Sony plans on keeping the current PSVR headset going at least in the short term. Personally I now think PSVR2 is a 2022 product rather than Holiday 21.

Euan_1981

Apr 23, 2018
I'm really starting to think it won't be available until well after ps5 release. Shame if it isn't as I wanted to sample my psvr with that new ps5 ummph!

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
PSVR2 ain't happening till 2022 at the earliest, of course, there's no way they'll be releasing another 400-500 platform that depends on your existing $400-500 hardware just a year after they release it.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
There probably won't be enough of a PS5 install base to justify releasing PSVR2 too soon. If they wait a few years then the available tech at the time should be awesome. I'm looking forward to see what improvements may happen with the current headset just by having more power to work with.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
It's in PS5 box iirc
It's not.

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.

blog.playstation.com

PlayStation 5: Answering your questions on compatible PS4 peripherals & accessories

Information on DualShock 4, PS VR, officially licensed peripherals, and more.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Source

ps-vr-les-prochains-packs-au-japon-incluent-l-adaptateur-pour-jouer-sur-ps5-95087ca6__w1280.png
ps-vr-les-prochains-packs-au-japon-incluent-l-adaptateur-pour-jouer-sur-ps5-58d2bd16__w1280.png

The new bundles should have this thing indicating they have the adapter:

owBzFp8.png

Interestingly, this does seem to imply Sony plans on keeping the current PSVR headset going at least in the short term. Personally I now think PSVR2 is a 2022 product rather than Holiday 21.
Yeah I think its 2022 as well.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Come to think of it, the adapter is probably going to take up one of the 10Gbps USB ports in the back. Feels like a waste of a high speed port, unless the adapter is a USB hub.

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
Yeah, I already sold my first PSVR to get the updated one to support HDR. I really hope they give us some clarity on the adapter soon so it can be shipped to us before the launch. At this point it might already be too late.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
The only fucking answer I want is how will this camera work on PS5 for streaming (Not VR)?

I don't believe this adapter will be in every region, hope they won't throw to garbage.

box-playstation-4-camera-ps4-picture-id472046099

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like waiting too long to release a new version of psvr will be a death sentence to the platform. Nobodys going to want to hook up that janky ass ( by today's standards) gen 1 version especally someone like me who doesn't have the box that allows hdr passthrough.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Not super encouraging that we're just around 3 weeks away and we still don't know how to get this adapter.

Luckily I'll be keeping my PS4 around, but I imagine there are quite a few people who won't be

KC-Slater

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
I may be in the minority, but I would like to see some PS5 PSVR games (not PSVR 2, but based around the existing hardware) to see what they can do.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Free of charge?
Requests?
Just offer it for $5 at shops, it will be a shitshow otherwise.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I really hope they give us some clarity on the adapter soon so it can be shipped to us before the launch. At this point it might already be too late.

I'm guessing it will require your PS5 and PSVR serial numbers to order, so I don't think we'll be getting it until a few weeks after launch unfortunately.

Requests?
Just offer it for $5 at shops, it will be a shitshow otherwise.

That would be my preference as well. Just let me buy it and offer it free to those who don't want it day 1.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I am in Brazil but my PSVR is originally from the USA, I wonder if Sony Brasil will give me the adapter free or charge or if I will have to ask someone from the USA to get it and then pay to send it to me...

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I still semi-regret not having purchased the PSVR that supported HDR when the bundles were being sold super cheap and just selling my non-HDR version. This may give me a reason to keep a PS4 in the game room, though, as it means I could ignore the HDR for it with a PS5 in there...

I hope it's not a hassle thing to assemble like this...

PSVR.png
Wouldn't really call it a hassle, tbh. Unless you're moving it around a lot you pretty much set it up once.

Deleted member 59803

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 6, 2019
I hope it's not a hassle thing to assemble like this...

PSVR.png
See, I loved all this. It's been ages since thick and chunky wires were involved in my electronics. Including them in such a futuristic product like VR gave it a real lo-fi Back to the Future vibe to me. Like I was really in on the ground floor of this space. I know most of that is my own head-cannon but its still how I feel about it today!

I still semi-regret not having purchased the PSVR that supported HDR when the bundles were being sold super cheap and just selling my non-HDR version. This may give me a reason to keep a PS4 in the game room, though, as it means I could ignore the HDR for it with a PS5 in there...

Yup, I'll be keeping my PS4 Pro where it is to use for VR only, and free up the HDMI port on the tele for the PS5 so I can by-pass the HDR issue.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe so. They said it was only going to be available to PSVR owners, not all PS5 owners.

www.gameinformer.com

PSVR Is Backwards Compatible With PS5, But You'll Need A Different Camera

If you are looking forward to playing in PSVR on the next generation, there's one important omission that you'll need to know.
If you want to play PSVR, PS4 titles included, on your new PS5, you're going to need to keep your PS4 camera. You'll also need to use the included PS Camera adaptor, which thankfully comes with the system.

I guess wait and see how this turns out. I can't see this being easy to get here in Russia if it's not included.[/QUOTE]

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like waiting too long to release a new version of psvr will be a death sentence to the platform. Nobodys going to want to hook up that janky ass ( by today's standards) gen 1 version especally someone like me who doesn't have the box that allows hdr passthrough.

Sony is kinda in a catch-22 situation, release it too early and they might've a too small customer base for it and buying a 399$ accessory one year after a 499$ console isn't the best scenario, or release it two years later and most will move on and maybe cave in for a Quest etc. in the meantime.

Then again 2022 PSVR2 would be a monumental upgrade from PSVR and most probably well worth the wait.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
I think people should just wait it out til they announce the new one. Pretty good bundle though.

Hopefully PS5 bypasses the HDR issue, but not holding my breath. Wonder if we'll see any bumps in resolution for games like Astro Bot, Resident Evil 7, and Squadrons.

If RE8 supports PSVR on PS5, that's a major title to look forward to. PSVR2 isn't going to be a thing by then so I hope RE8 is day and date with PSVR.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Sony is kinda in a catch-22 situation, release it too early and they might've a too small customer base for it and buying a 399$ accessory one year after a 499$ console isn't the best scenario, or release it two years later and most will move on and maybe cave in for a Quest etc. in the meantime.

Then again 2022 PSVR2 would be a monumental upgrade from PSVR and most probably well worth the wait.

I agree. I feel like it might be in sonys best interest to make a quest competitor. If they can hit that same $299 that quest does they would have a big opportunity on there hands. They can even offer the ability to wire it to a ps5 to have a more intense experience just like quest does (or whatever occulus it was that allowed for that.)