• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
WWE Response
WWE has responded it seems.

We reached out to WWE about the 2006 affidavit that included a claim by Ashley Massaro that she was sexually assaulted in 2006 while on tour in Kuwait. WWE issued the following response:

"WWE is saddened by the death of Ashley Massaro, and we reiterate our condolences to her family. However, we regret that her attorney Konstantine Kyros, who filed multiple cases against WWE, lost all of them, and was sanctioned multiple times by the Court for repeated misconduct and false allegations, is using Ashley's death to further his malicious campaign against WWE by releasing an affidavit that she submitted to the Court and later apologized to WWE for being involved with, so we wish to make certain things crystal clear.

1. At no time was Vince McMahon or the management of WWE ever informed by Ashley Massaro or anybody else that she had been sexually assaulted, drugged, raped or sodomized by a military doctor with a nurse standing guard while on a goodwill tour in 2007 to U.S. military bases in Kuwait. In fact, if she ever articulated such a claim to WWE, we would have reported it immediately to the Base Commander.

2. At no time was there ever a meeting with Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, John Laurinaitis or other company executives in which she told them of such a claim and was instructed to keep it quiet."

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/w...ssault-claims-made-in-2016-by-ashley-massaro/

The entire thread is here, but I warn you it's horrifying to read. To sum it up for anyone who chooses not to, Ashley Massaro, a former WWE wrestler, was drugged and raped by a male US servicemember during an overseas WWE tour to the Middle East, with the help of a female soldier who guarded the door. She was injected with a substance that caused her to not be able to move or resist in any way. Upon this coming to light, Vince McMahon and others in the WWE told her to not go forward with what happened as it would make the military look bad and harm the WWE's relationship with the military.

This was made public as early as 2016 I believe, I had never heard about it, I don't think it got much attention. In light of her death by suicide, and the other actions WWE has been taking like featuring a performer with an openly racist past (Lars Sullivan, also Hulk Hogan), and doing business in Saudi Arabia, I hope this now gains some traction and she is able to receive some semblance of justice.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I read this the other day and couldn't believe what I was reading and how it just seemed to get worse and worse. It's a horrible read, and left me feeling like this is what led to her death. I felt so sorry for Ashley and what she had went through and no one seemed to know (and those that did wouldn't talk about it). Wrestling is such a backwards carnival industry still, it's insane.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
...can this be the thing that just fucking ends Vince already? Holy shit.

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017

Fair warning it is rather tough to read, this was lawsuit that including numorious things that was dropped

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I read this the other day and couldn't believe what I was reading and how it just seemed to get worse and worse. It's a horrible read, and left me feeling like this is what led to her death. I felt so sorry for Ashley and what she had went through and no one seemed to know (and those that did wouldn't talk about it). Wrestling is such a backwards carnival industry still, it's insane.
More like the military is insane. I'm not going to make any excuses for the wwe, but go and watch a documentary on rape within the military. It happens. A LOT. To both genders. If I remember correctly, almost 40% of the time. Apparently, the military seemingly runs on prison rules at least when it comes to forced sexual encounters.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the WWE, Fuck Vince, Fuck that soldiers, fuck everyone involved and did nothing to stop it. This is disgusting.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
...can this be the thing that just fucking ends Vince already? Holy shit.

People will continue to give money to the WWE, even in this place. Crowds while bow down when Vince comes out. They just do not care. Not for this, not for being a propaganda machine for a genocidal regimen, not for being one of the main donors to Trump and many more awful things.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wish I could say I was surprised by this, but I'm not. WWE is a shitty organization, and there's a lot of fucked up people in the US military.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
I genuinely wonder what its going to take for some people to stop watching WWE

Like I know its a passion of a lot of people out there, but WWE and especially Vince doesn't deserve your money and attention

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's sickening.

I would bet it's probably really common in the military, how fucked up is that. How many other people have they drugged and raped or just plain old rape or gang rape, not just military personnel.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck was this not a huge deal before. JFC. I haven't watched any wrestling since I was a teen, but fuck if I'm about to start ever again while that family runs that company.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
someone in that thread said lawsuit was thrown out and Massaro apologized? this wont stick to Vince if that is the case sadly

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The things people do for money smfh. Seriously telling a rape victim to be silent for the sake of views. This is both disgusting and frightening.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I really don't want to read it..

Do they name the two individuals in the military who raped her?
no, the only thing she was able to note was that the guy wasn't actually in any type of uniform, rather just a T shirt and shorts, so she wasn't even sure he was a Army doctor like he claimed he was. She did note the female that guarded the door was in full uniform though.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Fucking hell.

And the woman on guard at the door as well.

That is like something out of an actual horror movie. You could not make that up.

Fucking revolting.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
How do people still support/watch this garbage ass organization?

Fuck Vince, fuck the WWE, fuck the rapist and his helper.