• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Phil Spencer and Gabe Newell are BFF and good luck with convincing Nintendo lol

1620421641628.png

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Uhhh...holy shit. But, if this is what it takes to get Days Gone 2 and The Order sequel.....

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
If most Sony titles sell near 1m each at least on STEAM around $50 USD, i don't think 200M minimum guarantee overall is even enough..

Unless.. its for each individual of those 4-6 titles..

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I love how the Nintendo one is basically them just admitting that it's a complete non-starter and not even trying it, lol. With enough money though they probably could get some of the smaller games but I doubt that'd be worth it for Epic

The MS first party part though is definitely interesting and not at all surprising though. I have to wonder if/when they'll eventually cut off Steam, or if Game Pass will ever come to Steam, since MS and Valve are apparently having meetings discussing stuff.

Sony is also interesting, but I have to imagine they're playing the waiting game and making sure that the EGS isn't a failure that would bring their PC plans down with it, hence the Steam release. I wonder how old this document is though...

mojo

Oct 25, 2017
If they paid 150 mil for 6 months exclusivity on borderlands i don't know which 4 playstation games they expect to get for 200 mil. Concrete genie and medievil?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
When was this document written? is it recent or old? because with Sony promising multiple titles coming to PC I'd assumed this was signed already and not awaiting feedback? or do they require exclusivity in this situation hence Sony not agreeing?

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Fuckin hell I hope they never except it and keep doing what they have been even though its probably smart too from their pov, if the only way I get Last of Us, Bloodborne, or God of War on pc is using a platform I don't want to that's gonna really freaking suck.

The Nintendo thing is pretty funny.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If they paid 150 mil for 6 months exclusivity on borderlands i don't know which 4 playstation games they expect to get for 200 mil. Concrete genie and medievil?
Borderlands 3 was a brand new game in a well established franchise with its previous installments available on PC, meanwhile Sony's games are multiple years old and since Sony had no prior history on PC there's no established PC playerbase interested in those games. Overall I think $200mil for 4-6 games was a decent offer.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
When was this document written? is it recent or old? because with Sony promising multiple titles coming to PC I'd assumed this was signed already and not awaiting feedback? or do they require exclusivity in this situation hence Sony not agreeing?

It's titled:

Weekly Store Strategy Meeting Agenda 9/24/20

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I really can't understand how this information is relevant to whatever case they're judging, it's incredible they went on with this knowing they would need to make all this info available to everybody

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
200m for 4-6 extremely highly rated games seems like a bad deal for Sony, assuming EPIC are after the biggies anyway, stuff like God of War, Spidey, Bloodborne, ND's stuff could all potentially do it individually in not too long a time on Steam, combined extremely easily.